Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

OMFG FURRY posted:

always treat birds with respect

except canadian geese, gently caress em all

At my old university they were everywhere. The school would block off exits to buildings for parts of the year because geese would take up nesting there and would attack. There was an official website attached to the university's site that tracked the nests.

Most of the time they just hiss at you, but they can get aggressive too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1kC4d1kyg

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The geese on the campus on my university weren't actually that bad most of the time as long as you weren't too close to their nests or their babies. They mostly just honk or hiss and then waddle out of the way. I've walked by hundreds of geese and never been attacked once. I think most people who get attacked are those who are afraid of them and show it so the goose charges them. Stupid university kids, you are bigger than a goose. If it tries to attack you kick its rear end.

I do feel for the geese sometimes though. The university tried to control the goose population though by oiling their eggs, which was always very sad. After testing whether the eggs were new or more mature, they would dip the newer ones in oil which clogs the pores of the egg and starves it of oxygen, killing the egg. If they destroyed the egg or took it away then the geese would just lay more eggs, so they'd have to then put it back, and the goose would sit on a nest of dead eggs for months.

The building where my office was was donut shaped and there was a courtyard in the middle that had some shrubs. All of our offices had windows facing this courtyard. A goose nested there one spring and we all had to watch the entire summer as she sat on her nest but none of her eggs hatched. It was very hot as well, so people would bring her containers of water. It was actually hard to watch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Wizbang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6utsksoFY

This bird sounds like an R2-series astromech droid (from Star Wars)

He's even blue and white :3:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure if you killed the crow and cut it open it would be full of the souls of the damned.

That is a demon bird.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Listen here cum-slut, I bet you 5 million dollars that you don’t own a bird. But guess what? I own 7. And I can tell you right now that a bird would never just walk into something like a chocolate fountain. They’ll rarely walk directly into water.

But say that your idiotic theory is correct.

Say it did actually walk into it.

That animal still probably died.

Is that still funny to you? Do you still get your kicks out of knowing that that bird was probably terrified and opening its mouth to scream in that last panel?

And if you say yes then you seriously disgust me as a human being.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That bird's laugh is contagious.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I love the little "wait, poo poo" moment with the orange one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Bird equivalent of

• Locked thread