Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
parrots have the same lifespan as people, and they act like hyperactive 2 year olds their whole lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Fansy posted:

birds are neat but i dont want to grow a long ponytail and walk around with one on my shoulder

pirates must constantly have like all kinds of foul smelling liquid white bird poo poo all over their backs

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

Alex the african grey parrot was, so far, the only animal to ever ask an intelligent question. When he was taught about colors, he asked "what color am I?" Bird got obits in the times & the economist.

Alex's last words were to his owner. He said, "You be good, see you tomorrow. I love you."

:(

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
My favorite Alex story, which Pepperberg told on NPR's Fresh Air, went something like this: Alex was ill and had to be taken to the vet, and had to stay overnight. Alex was not happy about staying overnight in a strange place and as Pepperberg was leaving, Alex kept saying "Wanna go home, wanna go home." But Pepperberg obv couldn't take Alex home. Finally, as Pepperberg was near the door, Alex tried one last thing. Thinking that maybe Alex was being forced to stay as punishment for doing something wrong, Alex just said, "I'm sorry."

:( :gerty:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Not only do they know to drop nuts on the road for cars to run over and open, they know to do it at traffic lights so that they can eat the nuts when the cars are stopped.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmeted_hornbill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
talking budgies sound like small battery powered transistor radios