Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Parrots own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Asiina posted:

At my old university they were everywhere. The school would block off exits to buildings for parts of the year because geese would take up nesting there and would attack. There was an official website attached to the university's site that tracked the nests.

Most of the time they just hiss at you, but they can get aggressive too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1kC4d1kyg

Canada geese are funny as hell. Even if I'm being attacked by one, it's hard to run away because I'm still laughing at it. It's such a drat silly thing to be attacked by.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I really want a pet bird but I know I'm not responsible enough to care for one or wealthy enough to buy one, and this thread is not helping. :smith:

Austin has been developing wild populations of what I now suspect are monk parakeets aka Quaker parrots for the last few years at least, and they seem to be spreading. Has anybody else in the area seen them? They're super pretty. :3:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sure why not.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

OMFG FURRY posted:

yeah they hang around a couple parts of austin, i first noticed them around north lamaar, and a few nests near sixth street around the police station. recently seen a lot around onion creek/slaughter

There's also a small population of them in the Capital Plaza shopping center near I-35, a whole bunch near the Walgreen's on the corner of Guadalupe and 45th, a growing number on the east border of the UT campus, and, just recently, some in the Hancock Center parking lot (although the last group may be competing with grackles for territory).

Are they all Quaker parrots, or are a few of them other parrots that I didn't get close enough looks at? They seem to build nests like Quakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Now I want a pet chicken.

• Locked thread