Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Pick a WR2, .5ppr:

Stevie @ MIN
Evans @ HOU
Crabs @ CLE

I'm very risk-averse so I'm not thrilled about starting Evans until I see production. I really value consistency in my WR2 slot, and Stevie's the small-sample size epitome of that.

I'm also 0-2 in this league largely due to going up against high PA, my own team performs well in PF. (4rth place in each category, in a 10-teamer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Need 2 RBs plus a flex (standard):

D. Murray @NYJ
CJA @DET
D. Freeman @DAL
Matt Jones @NYG
Yeldon @NE

CJA, Yeldon, Freeman while Tevin is out.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Frank Eufemia posted:

Pick 3 WRs, standard scoring, no PPR

Odell Beckham
James Jones
Devante Adams
Stevie Johnson
Vincent Jackson

Leaving ODB on that list is pretty silly, but

ODB
Stevie
Adams

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

thethreeman posted:

I'd have picked ODB, Stevie, Vjax. Adams has an ankle issue, but if you want to wait until MNF for him, at least you have Jones if he's not looking good.

Yes but he's the pick if he's a full go, and so far the reports look good. I think James Jones benefited primarily from Adams leaving the game. It's really a coinflip between VJax and Adams, so its a good problem to have.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Seems like the best bet although CJA is making me really nervous, hopefully now that he has had time to rest he will perform like he should.
I'm also a bit skeptical of Freeman but at least he should get good volume.

I think this week could be the final opportunity for CJA to separate from Hillman, while healthy, while Peyton get's his way in returning to the shotgun. If CJA doesn't impress this week, then I would feel a whole lot better of sitting him out moving forward.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Testikles posted:

Gonna bump this up. It's a standard league btw.

Murray, Lewis

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Timett posted:

Gio @Bal
CJ Spiller @Carolina
Melvin Gordon @Min

.5 ppr flex

Could also start Kendall Wright or Anquan Boldin but don't really want to.

Picking one? It would be between Gio and Melvin. Hyde ran wild against MIN but BAL lost their stud MLB and Gio's value is boosted in ppr. I lean Gio.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SlipUp posted:

Jackson. Wright is gonna pull Vontae Davis is coverage.

TJ Yeldon @NE or Justin Forsett vsCIN?

This is a tough one. Yeldon is getting all the snaps and NE is a sieve up the middle. Expect JAX to exploit that as much as possible - (huge) IF - they are within striking distance of NE. If NE pulls away from them, Yeldon will still stay in the game but JAX won't be running up the middle as much.

Forsett benefits from Taliaferro possibly missing the game, but CIN defense is pretty stout against ground-based RBs but gives up a shitton of production to scatbacks, of which Forsett would be considered one:

1 @Oak 15 attempts, 55 yards, 0 TDs
2 SD 24 atttempts 126 yards 0 TDs

I think three things are helping you pick Forsett here: NE is stouter against the RB position overall, Taliaferro is banged up, and CIN is the weakest team against pass-catching RBs (and Flacco is preferable to Bortles).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Butter Hole posted:

Gordon is tempting here, doesn't Minnesota have a p. bad run D?

Here's mine:

Pick one:
J. Forsett vs CIN
D. Woodhead @ MIN
A. Abdullah vs DEN

Pick one:
J. Matthews @NYJ
D. Moncrief @TEN
V. Jackson @HOU

Pick one:
L. Miller vs Buf
D. Freeman @DAL
D. Baldwin vs CHI
G. Tate vs DEN
R White @ DAL

Agree with all except your last. I think Miller and Freeman both have low-scoring games against those D's and Baldwin has the best matchup.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

With Brees out should I worry about Ingram? My only option is to put in Bernard but I'm not good enough to know if that's a good move.
Jones only got me 1 point so I'm a little worried with my RB options.

Scoring is No PPR and 100+ yrds 5pts

Nah. Ingram gone get crazy volume.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sheeple posted:

Struggling between Tannehill at Buffalo or Mariota at Indianapolis. Standard yahoo league.

Every thing I read is saying Tannehill but Buffalo is supposed to be pretty tough, Mariotta might have an easier time of it in Indy....

This is my first fantasy experience and I'm currently 2-0 in first place mainly due to the advice in these and the value based guessing threads so thanks!

The BUF secondary is not good. The hope here is Tanney is upright enough to scorch a few down the field.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fentry posted:

Need a flex, .5 ppr

Danny Woodhead @ Minnesota
or
Golden Tate vs Denver

Woodhead easily

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Nick of Time posted:

Standard Yahoo, No PPR

Need help picking two of the following:

Frank Gore @ Tennessee
Carlos Hyde @ Arizona
Joseph Randle @ Atlanta
DeAngelo Williams @ St. Louis
Bishop Sankey @ Indianapolis

I'm currently going with Gore and Hyde (as long as he isn't injured).

Thoughts? Also after this week I'll likely drop DeAngelo Williams.

Gore and Hyde. Drop Deangelo at your own risk; he has more value than Knile Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alman posted:

My gut says Murray is due for a breakout game but no real stats to back that up. I say him or Johnson

Kaepernick

:siren: BENCH YOUR DEMARCOS:siren:

quote:

DeMarco Murray is inactive for Week 3 against the Jets.

Ryan Mathews will operate as the Eagles' lead back, while Darren Sproles will likely see a significant boost in usage. Murray was fully expected to play all day Friday and Saturday, so it's worth wondering whether he endured a setback with his strained hamstring.
Sep 27 - 11:27 AM

• Locked thread