Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've played in a village a couple times with various groups of friends a few years ago. Got back into it 4 days ago playing the hermit.

I just don't understand the design philosophy of this game. The UI is poo poo. The combat is poo poo. Managing curiosities is poo poo. Everything is just annoying and unfun but the game is appealing because you're in a vast world with difficult to get resources playing with other players with permadeath and always-on PvP.

Why the gently caress is the game unintuitive and annoying to play when it encourages the only reason to advance is to get better at killing each other so you can force each other to go back to scratch? Don't the developers wonder why people aren't retained?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The game is fundamentally broken but I'm enjoying it as if it's a Harvest Moon.

Hermit life.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 14, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm still playing this game.

They just introduced "Realms". I don't read the patchnotes, so I was introduced to them by some player covering a vast area around where I hermit.

Where is the goons village on the World Map? I've been thinking about moving my hermit house into the newly released map towards the south.

Hermit Life 2

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If the Goon Group is still around, play with them. If you want to join someone who hasn't sourced their own metal yet and is currently surveying a good home location in the deep south newly released content, I could go for having some partners.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Found scents all over my hermit neighbors homesteads. Tracked the thief to a boat in the middle of a lake, AFK.

I don't have murder so I knocked him out, stole/dropped everything, and placed him in a swamp... but now the server says it's restarting before his leech-based permadeath. Hope I don't miss out. :(

edit: Server is back up and there he is faceplanted still. Woo. Now just to wait for the leeches to do their job.

editedit:

That's a lot of HHP. Keep having to "steal" the leeches off him so he can get fresh ones.

editeditedit: He's definitely dead. Probably had been dead from the first knockout.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 31, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Experience that can be used for Hearth Magic and Studying Curiosities.

I actually think I'm done with H&H. I wasted all of August on it. I killed a high level Russian who was carrying high level poo poo. I feel pretty accomplished.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Whoa, SinJin. Nice meltdown.

• Locked thread