Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

So who do I bug to play with group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Met posted:

If the Goon Group is still around, play with them. If you want to join someone who hasn't sourced their own metal yet and is currently surveying a good home location in the deep south newly released content, I could go for having some partners.

I would definitely be interested, I am currently still trying to get the hang of the game. So far, I have died twice: once from dying from raiding an ant nest (forgot my HP were quite low from all those beaver attavks) and once from swimming across a river and drown..

I have been trying to do the quests that they gave you, but it doesn't look like they give any rewards at all. So what is the point of the quest other than telling you to walk around the map and talk to trees.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

SinJin posted:

I'm addicted to this game for some reason. I love it and hate it at the same time. Currently, it is the only game I play.

There's still a couple of us poking around. We have a couple Goons and a few non-Goons in our village. We killed the Chieftain of a nearby village and took on a couple players from that village very recently. Most of what we have been doing for the past couple of months is stat building and item quality pushing. Pretty much a quality grinding spiral. Our own version of Sim Village.

I don't recommend anyone start playing but if you do, we have a lot of living space to make use of. As mentioned earlier, all stat caps have been removed. There is code in place to prevent anyone from hand-bashing walls and villages. I "think" there's a combat mechanic in place that limits a higher stat character from being no more effective than about 16% above his/her opponent. So, there's always hope that you can kill a player character that might have god-like stats. It happens too. We've seen players "kiting" their opponents only too get stuck on a tree or rock for a second and end up getting their poo poo pushed in by one or two players with characters that are only a fraction of his/her stats .

The introduction of Realms is a very cool addition. For anyone familiar with the game, it's a little like Village Authority but on a much larger scale and with a few more abilities. A Village can cast their Realm authority over extremely large swaths of the world, if they choose to do so. Others can push into yours and challenge you for control. As your Realm gains authority, it can buff certain player stats for anyone within it. We know of a Realm that buffs players so much that it normally takes a few weeks to reach without the buff.

Knarrs are a thing. Very large boats that are hard to build and have stats based off of quality. They can hold a solo player or a raiding party. They have huge cargo ability too. We've had hunters return with 50+ animal kills and we had hunters murdered and the Knarr stolen. We think that we currently have the best or second best Knarr in the game. We have the ability to do better and to produce several of them.

The Devs continue to improve the game. They just went live with floating point coordinates. They still need to work on combat more. Item characteristics and stats are now greatly influenced by the various material options that are available to craft with. Like, Butter Scones. You can use Wheat Flour or Barley Flour and you can use Cows Milk or Sheeps Milk. Everything changes the stats of an item, sometimes greatly. Every type of tree and bush in the game has its own unique type of wood board and wood block. It will change the look of an item that you build.

The Devs do a decent job at nuking anyone and any village that is using bots (on a large scale) or abusing bugs. * Devs don't seem to care if a person uses a bot to help with farming or fishing or teraforming.

Who do we bug if we want to join?

• Locked thread