Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Figures this game is what draws me back to these forums haha

I've been living the hermit life at 34, -121 (map) since early December if anyone wants to come visit before W10. Where's the goon village at? I wanna drop by and say hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Whoa yeah, I'm def not gonna boat literally all the way across the map with my main. Looking forward to the screenshots :) Do y'all have a charter stone? Maybe I can make an alt and have em spawn there to say hi and look around. Anyone going to the Wulf's Retreat end of world party? I'm probably gonna go there and dance and poo poo, maybe try and gently caress some poo poo up with my dude and die gloriously before the true end of the world.

edit: also my hs is popsecret if anyone wants to kin me

Here's some screenshots of my spot. Copy/pasting my post from the H&H forums:

quote:

I've been doing a lot of exploring the past couple days, and after seeing so many interesting homestead setups I started taking screenshots. Only have a couple right now, but I've got others marked that I want to go back and get shots of for posterity's sake. People can get pretty creative, and seeing so many abandoned and decaying settlements fills me with a sense of... well I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's how I'd feel wandering a land after some long-forgotten apocalypse had either killed most of the people or caused them to leave suddenly, food on the table in many cases.

This was a cool little hermit setup I found. I'm sure while the claim was active it provided perfect protection against random animals wandering in. Only area of land I've seen like this (totally encircled in cliffs), dunno how uncommon that is, but lucky find for this fella.

This was some kind of sacrificial altar. It was pretty cool. Had an abandoned village nearby as well, but didn't get any shots of that, I was too interested in this and what it might've been used for.

And now the self-indulgent part, where I post screenshots of my humble hermit homestead. I'm pretty proud of what I managed to accomplish (with some help from a friend) in slightly over a month. Managed to get up to an L3 mine before the reset announcement :D

This here's the home I share with my kinsman, and my primary herbalist table setup, mainly for drying hemp, tobacky, batwings, and sprouting trees.

Beezer Threezer pays tribute to her ancestor Beezer II at the village graveyard. Buried here are several Hearthlings whose skeletons I've found in the wild. Everyone deserves to know some measure of peace in the hereafter, and I see to that duty whenever possible.

The graveyard is enclosed with bushes of bittersweet nightshade, whose berries are used in the crucial yellow pigment used for our sigil, the three dogs.

The Druid's Tower and village plaza, with mario brick art. Inside the tower were the beginnings of a fledgling silk industry.

A couple shots of some of the rest of the village aboveground:

And the first level of my humble mine. I had just made my first bars of steel when the reset was announced. Good practice for the next world.

Thanks for visiting Leckmichim Marsh! Y'all come back now, y'hear?

(Don't use slag for statues, it's ugly as gently caress. Good thing I tested that before W10!)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SinJin posted:

Man , you got a lot accomplished in so little time. :respect:

Thanks! :) Haven't used any alts, I'm too much of a MY IMMERSION player to deal with alts.

(edit: ironically enough,) I made an alt and spawned him at y'all's charter to take a look around. Holy gently caress it's huge, and beautiful to boot. Great design, love the big pyramids. What are those two huge statues on either side of the coronation stone? I haven't seen those before.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 5, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
specialization.png

• Locked thread