Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

My buddies went through this, their best advice was to shell out a small consulting fee for an immigration lawyer. Made their application smoother than that of the several other couples I know who have tried/are trying. I think they paid a total of 300/400 or so, and they estimate it took about 6 months off their application process and outright saved them from a couple big errors. The person they got laid out the process from start to finish and made sure they were on the most efficient track.

This is a couple who lived common law through most of university though, so experience may not apply.

I remember they had to fill out an 80 odd application that included pictures from every stage of their relationship, submitted shared bank account and rental statements going back a couple years, things like that are incredibly important. Any big life contracts of any kind, make sure you have both your signatures on them and keep several backup copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread