Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
My wife is from the States and I'm Canadian, we've been living in Canada for over 3 years now.

Do you guys have a decent job or education? The whole process is pretty expensive and long. We got around a lot of the headaches because my wife got a good job and got a working visa. Most of the details have already been mentioned in this thread but I'm just going to say that it is a huge pain in the rear end and it's a process you will need to commit to.

Luckily it seems you guys are already used to being apart and waiting on the visa will be a bit easier. Your partner can live with you up to 6 months as a visitor but can't work.

Also you need to be married and have a marriage certificate which takes a few months after you get married to receive. I strongly suggest you guys talk to a lawyer for advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread