Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Powerfrog posted:

Bjorn was an under cover police horse that was tasked with infiltrating this cult of peggle masters, but quickly became as entranced as we all are when it comes to peggle. Now, he never officially neglected his duties as a cop, and he is still clean from the cults more... immoral activities to this day, but after Bjorn started dying his mane + hooves on his days off and silently got the permanent horn surgery with tax payer money he was ordered to turn in his badge and gun, which he was all too happy to do as it meant he had more time to focus on his peggle fixation.

Now days he's pretty much seen as the face of the organization, luring in newer players so the other peggle masters can get their filthy hands, claws, talons and hooves on them. 2 under cover horses have gone missing in the line of duty after Bjorn publicly and loudly welcomed them as old allies. Some insist he knows exactly what he is responsible for, others assume he's just an idiot peggle savant.

this makes a lot of sense actually, especially taking into account some lines by him later into the adventure and also
:goonsay:

This is now offical LP canon! :siren:

Powerfrog posted:

Bounce it off the top right orange peg so it bounces onto the orange peg on the left.

maybe you meant the top left peg but that is an impossible shot and since I had the super guide I went with a orange peg on the left since you weren't overly specific! good on you, it was a nice shot!

the last suggestion when I next check the thread decides the next shot! One more turn of super guide to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Clear out that red peg in the upper left and try to get the ball near the other green peg using the super guide. Maybe you'll get it.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
what the hell does the green peg do anyway?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Green peg gives you several turns of super guide, or whatever skill the character you are playing with has

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Top left orange and bounce it towards the lower right cluster of orange, please.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

that didn't work exactly as planned but oh well v:shobon:v

this time I'll probably just roll a dice or something to decide I dunno

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Top right orange peg, you know the one. Try to make it clear the way for the green peg.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Our precious super guide! We must reclaim it by aiming for the green peg!

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
Aim at a completely random angle. I mean actually open up random.org or something and generate a number which you use as an angle to aim at.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Sillyman posted:

Aim at a completely random angle. I mean actually open up random.org or something and generate a number which you use as an angle to aim at.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Bounce off one of the two top orange pegs and hit the green peg in one shot.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Roll a d10, assigning each orange peg and the green one to a number.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Sillyman posted:

Go nuts!

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
As much as I like the idea of randomly generating an angle, where are we going to find a protractor? No, the best option must be

sebzilla posted:

Roll a d10, assigning each orange peg and the green one to a number.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

random.org gave me 2

AlphaKretin posted:

Our precious super guide! We must reclaim it by aiming for the green peg!

This shot was easier than I thought it would be, I was afraid I'd had to attempt some fancy ol' shootin'!

(i really want to try out the random angle generation thing in the future though)

We got our magic powers back, and plenty of balls/peggles left! Next shot will be decided by the one who draws the cutest spider in paint or something

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Aim for the bottom-left orange peg, and see if you can use super guide to bounce the ball back towards something interesting.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013

Aim for the blue peg to the lowest right.

echidnagirl
Mar 27, 2014

Aim for the lower one of the two orange pegs to the right.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

echidnagirl posted:

Aim for the lower one of the two orange pegs to the right.

this is a v cute spider :3:

hey our old buddy the green stuff is back!

Three pegs and four balls left! Next suggestion decides!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
shoot a red peg, idiot!!!!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

shoot a red peg, idiot!!!!

I ASSUME YOU MEAN AN ORANGE PEG MR RUDE DUDE

Well, not much point in taking suggestions with only one orange peg left, right?

EXTREME FEVER

HOLY HELL that's a lot of green stuff, still pretty neat though!

Making good progress!

We finally get purple pegs! This is the where the game starts getting interesting, as we finally get the chance to make some really high scoring shots. We're also officially introduced to free balls!

New level, this is a fun one!

Okay, I'll suppose the suggestion that receives the most votes from the thread decides the next shot. I'm sure you'll manage to sort it out.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bounce off the purple one towards one of the sides (your pick) such that the ball hopefully loses momentum in the top corner and slides down the big curves and scored a gazillion points.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

sebzilla posted:

Bounce off the purple one towards one of the sides (your pick) such that the ball hopefully loses momentum in the top corner and slides down the big curves and scored a gazillion points.

I vote for this.

Also, this guy votes for it too;

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

sebzilla posted:

I can't really argue with this.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

sebzilla posted:

Yeah there's really not much of a debate about this one. Fourthing.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Wow, goons reaching a consensus that is completely reasonable!? Peggle truly is a magical game!

Phosphine posted:

I vote for this.

Also, this guy votes for it too;

D'aaaww :3:

(I switched to 256 colour gifs, which took care of the greenscreen problems for now. Tell me if you think it looks way too terrible!)

This was a sort of tricky shot as there was no way to bounce it all the way to the wall from the purple peg, and a 50-50 chance that the ball would unceremoniously bounce back into the middle of the board. Still, it's very hard to go wrong with the first shot on this level - which is one of the reasons I enjoy it :)

Also, sebzilla narrowly overtakes me as Peggle champion of the thread with 66720 points! :toot: It's amazing what does purple pegs can accomplish!

We have more balls than we started with, super guide and almost at the 2x multiplier already! Woo! Next shot will be decided by the poster who can give the best reason why Peggle is the best game!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Covski posted:

Next shot will be decided by the poster who can give the best reason why Peggle is the best game!

Covski posted:

Wow, goons reaching a consensus that is completely reasonable!? Peggle truly is a magical game!
:colbert:
Does this mean you get the shot or me? :v: If you can get a protractor on the screen, I'd still like to see the random angle idea.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Peggle is a good game because it allowed me to slack off in university. Now follow your heart.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
peggle represents the eternal struggle between man's inhumanity towards man and his moral reasoning. Should we continue struggling to clear the board or go strictly for a fast win? is quantity of shot more important than quality of shot? When the free ball is hit, are we truly "free"? The mysteries of the universe lead on...

I want you to hit it onto the slope of the bricks on the right so that it rolls downwards and hits everything it can along the way. (below the green peg, don't need to waste that so soon!)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Suppose Peggle were not the best game. Then you would not be LP-ing the best game; but since nobody woyld LP anything but the best game, this is a contradiction. Therefore Peggle is the best game.

Aim for the leftmost orange peg, with a longshot-bounce over to an orange on the right side of the field.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Covski posted:

Woo! Next shot will be decided by the poster who can give the best reason why Peggle is the best game!

It isn't, Bejeweled is better :smug:

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Ahundredbux posted:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Oh, and I want you to aim right between the green and blue peg since I'm obviously the winner.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

Lacedaemonius posted:

Ahundredbux posted:

Are Quote cascades stil cool?

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

Godna posted:

Are Quote cascades stil cool?

git outta my LP :colbert: you don't really have to this is a chill LP and all is forgiven

Bruceski posted:

Suppose Peggle were not the best game. Then you would not be LP-ing the best game; but since nobody woyld LP anything but the best game, this is a contradiction. Therefore Peggle is the best game.

Aim for the leftmost orange peg, with a longshot-bounce over to an orange on the right side of the field.

This one was difficult to decide, but I can't resist a bit of Leibniz in my chill ball shootin' LPs

It's a good one, and Bruceski is the new champion with 69400 points! Just imagine if we'd hit that purple peg too :o

Okay the next shot is decided by the poster that provides the objectively funniest dog picture

also I'm still figuring out a good way to get a protractor on screen for the "random angle" shot idea, so hold off on suggesting that for now!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, that shot did exactly what I hoped it would do. Nicely done.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bounce off the rightmost top peg and bounce it back toward the middle, aiming for another orange peg using the super guide.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
black humor is the best humor

ricochet off the orange peg on the right so it rolls down the right ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Try to hit it all the way up the ramp on the right so it rolls down and causes chaos.

• Locked thread