Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

ashgromnies posted:

Why are westerners who haven't grown up in Islamic countries so critical of Ayaan Hirsi Ali? Like when she was a guest on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart would hardly let her talk, speaking over her whenever she tried describing her experiences, basically denying her the expression of them.

Do you think she makes any good points, and why do you think "liberal" western media is so opposed to her?

She's an extremely conservative person, so non-conservative westerners are probably gonna be pretty critical of her social and political views. Plus her tendency to stereotype or over-generalize, her support of hilariously disastrous military actions, lack of evidence reasoning and citation in her writings, etc.

Like just because I've had some bad experiences in Chinatown, doesn't mean I can say there is something fundamentally wrong with Chinese people and their culture needs to be completely changed if they want to be citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Positive Optimyst posted:

Which scholar mentioned? Certainly, not Esposito. He's been exposed as being funded by islamist organizations and omitting many negative things muslims do.

Which scholar are you referring to?

Here's a "scholar" more in line with what you seek https://www.politicalislam.com/author/

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Turkey's no more liberal than Iran

Hazzard posted:

He's seemed level headed in the interviews I've seen him do. Tries to mathematically quantify violence in the Qu'Ran.

If that's not enough to prove his smartness, he doesn't use his real last name, cuz it's got all these fraud charges connected to it in Florida! You should buy all his books

• Locked thread