Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
I don't think this is the right thread for your "views".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

BattleMoose posted:

Considering homosexuality exists within the entire natural kingdom, to deny that its natural, is to go against all the evidence. And I would describe as remarkably stupid.

Human nature and animal nature are different. That's basically the definition of ethics.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

BattleMoose posted:

You know humans are animals, right? And not at all sure what ethics has to do with concept of homosexuality being natural.

Is this some kind of rhetorical device? Or can you sincerely not handle the following arguments:

1) Humans and animals are fundamentally different according to practically every philosophical tradition
2) The concept of "natural" can mean something other than "it exists", and is pretty important to many ethical principles

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Humans live in a society. Society has principles other than "do what you feel like". I don't think it's worth pursuing this unless you're willing to acknowledge that.

• Locked thread