Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tendai posted:

Oof, like general books? I'm not sure, particularly about ones in Dutch. Most of my books are pretty specialized at this point. Sufism touches on a lot of philosophical concepts at time and this is a really good list of reading material, I own most of the books on there:

http://www.scholarofthehouse.org/boonsurebydr.html

Islamic philosophy is not an area I'm super knowledgeable about but some famous Islamic philosophers are Al-Ghazzali, Ibn Arabi and Al-Farabi, so you might look into translations of their writings!

I've been told Al-Ghazzali is the go to guy for Islamic philosophy by a fellow muslim philosophy student. Apparently he did the whole 'I think therefore I am' thing a couple of hundred years before Descartes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread