Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Steve Vader posted:

Beat the game, starting Commando level with Grimlock, and somehow I managed to pull off a German suplex on Megatron.

Best game possible.

OK. I apparently gave up on Grimlock way to god drat early with how clunky he felt compared to Sideswipe/Bumblebee/Wheeljack. Explain this to me, please. And this coming from a sperg who beat the game on Prime and all the challenges.

This game is way to god drat fun.

Onmi posted:

Chalenge 21

This is the beast challenge. Good. God. It is amazingly fun too. If you have a SS pair of Devastator's Drills try not to cheese it with the charge attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

No. NO gently caress THIS GAME! Challenge 28 is a Defend mission, as is 29-32.

Oh...well I meant enjoyable challenges. The top down stuff can suck a infested nut. So can the protect stuff. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time in the different challenges. They really are just so much fun.

I had to stop using the devastator drills quickly after I got them. They are the most OP thing in the game. They can three shot Menasor or Devastator. On Prime.

Anyone found out a consistent way to get decent tech? This RNG game is poop. All I care about is Melee Damage or Rarity drops.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 3, 2015

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

That would be the B button on the Xbox controller. And you parried Devastators Drill. You Parry by pointing the direction stick just as the attack is about to hit. You can also parry Blitzwings tank shells. Throw with Right Trigger.

There is a cheevo for doing this too. Thing about Platinum games...their achievements are fun to get (normally).

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

Okay these missions are just getting ridiculous. I have 3 more to do, 30, 31 and 32. It's just ridiculous trying to rack up points while projecting Wheeljacks stupid rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I am free! Now I have completed 34/50! I am 16 away from completing all SS ranks.

EDIT 2: And stonewalled on Challenge 35. I know how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl04TRqK3PY

But I lack the ability to replicate.

Conquered. 36 now.

EDIT 3: I just finished up to Stage 43. The Punt Challenges are actually REALLY drat SIMPLE and I'm going to tell you how to SS rank 100% guaranteed.

1. Grab a hammer
2. Wait for Starscream to show up
3. use a semi-charged overhead strike on Starscream
4. Pick Starscream up and throw him through the x100 sign.

21000 is enough points to SS rank even Stage 43. After that, all you have to do is survive. It saves a hell of a lot of time and pain.

EDIT 4: And that's all of the challenge rooms SS ranked! Now to go SS rank story mode.

Wait, you can pick enemies UP?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

Yeah if you knock em prone quickly. Grab a hammer, slightly charge a heavy attack, you'll even smack Blitzwing and Megatron into the dirt. Then hit B/Circle/Interact button and Congrats the enemy is now your helpless bitch.

Like Blitzwing here. Hello Blitzwing.

gently caress. Know what I am doing tonight.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

I am very dissapointed this game doesn't have a guide like all the other Platinum games. It really deserves it.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

How are you guys getting SS on the timed race challenges? I want to cock punch anyone for putting a race game in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah I just gave up on grimlock. I ran through challenge 21 about 5-6 times on Prime trying to get him down and he just never clicked.

It isn't like playing as Sam in MGR where it was VERY different playstyle...but some how still intuitive.

• Locked thread