Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It's worth asking.

I have an old PS2-like PC pad. Would it work with Devastation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Is INT/SKL a 50/50 split, or is one more effective than the other?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, that's annoying. Made the splash, but Devastation doesn't recognise my PC pad(Logitech cordless Rumblepad 2, if it matters). Which is odd, because Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete, 8 Empires, and Dragonball Xenoverse DO.

This doesn't seem like a game you want to use a keyboard on. Any advice? I'm sorry if I'm being dumb or something.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 10, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Llyranor posted:

Maybe not the best optimal option, but if all else fails, maybe consider something like xpadder to emulate you keyboard via a controller.

I managed to figure something out. Something called 'x360ce'.

So now I'm playing with my pad. And getting horribly murdered, but that's fine. I haven't played a game like this in literal years; Dynasty Warriors doesn't really count, and I've always lacked 'skills' anyway. It's kinda astonishing. The people playing make it seems so simple, and I was kinda thinking 'Why aren't you doing X' when watching. And I'm making similar if not worse mistakes. Take items, for instance. Have them, barely use them.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I vaguely wonder whether the hammer's gonna see any use. It's so slow to swing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Artum posted:

So beat it as prime, grimlock and wheeljack. What's the deal with bumblebee's slide dodge thing?

Short-range, goes through(Over or under depending on whether you're ground or air) enemies, counts as a dodge, counts as a hit for combo extending.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

What are you filling your slots with, may I ask?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is this game dynasty warriors transformers? It looked that way a little in a quick look

More like Transformers: Revengence, if that makes sense to you.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

130% of 2(for instance) isn't very much. The usual shenanigans, I presume.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

DroneRiff posted:

Is it wrong that mt first though was:

"Just think of the QTE fest or massive finger breaking combo you could be made to pull off in order to open The Matrix, then roll out of Unicorn's exploding body as the ending theme blasts out."

And only on re-reading that did I notice I'm basically wishing for P* to make Transformers: The Movie: The Game. Where to I kickstart that?

'Platinum does the 80s?'

Thundercats, He-Man, Ulysses 31, Wheeled Warriors?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

If they fully intend at some point to reuse those models for a sequel or DLC or whatever it makes more sense to have something that works for all the various vehicle attacks you can do and via L1 special(The flaming tank spin-out is basically Optimus's special).

I'm just trying to picture a gun doing a Flash Kick type thing, you know? I mean, it's technically no less ridiculous than a tank doing so, but...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Stupid question:

Take a defaultish Freeze or Burn or Shock weapon(As in, it's in the name). The description says they have an inherent Freeze/Burn/Shock Lv3. Do they actually do their status?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Advice on range weapons? The game likes to pull shooting galleries, and now(Magnus) my weapons aren't up to snuff. I'm unsure what to do.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Onmi posted:

If someone wants to be a sperge and capture the ending screen, they can translate it with this

Oh, you probably rightfully think it's junk. But Transformers loves trolling hardcore fans by having almost all of the language be jokes or properly translatable.

I suddenly think 'You get a bunch of glyphs in Warrior/Commander when you hit a vehicle attack: what are they saying, if anything?'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Status, maybe? You can still get points for that even in a supposed shooting gallery. Remind me-are they low enough that Sideswipe can reach and melee them down quickly and earn focus and the like?

Just guessing. The blind leading the blind....

It's kinda funny how high he can go with his dash at times. He can regularly get to the head of a giant like Devastator or Menasor without a vehicle attack helping(Though how high THOSE go is funny in itself-I've seen vehicle attacks reach Devastator's head when he's off-map from his leaping up).

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 4, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y_vpXL5vio

I think either I'm giving up too fast, or there's something I'm missing. I'm looking at the language key, and I'm looking at the screen(helps it's music I'd want to listen to), but half the symbols don't match anything. Can multiple letters together form a single shape, like joined-up handwriting?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The timing's kinda wonky on dodge-grab. By the time you see the prompt for grab, it's almost too late to do it. Be FAST.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Clear every story stage. Not necessarily every mission in those stages. You can do them in any order.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Which is why it loving annoyed me to see someone call it a grinding menu simulator in the BSS Transformers thread.

I can't exactly argue this, though, even though I enjoy the game.

You do need a lot of power in your weapons with the higher difficulties, which means dealing with the fiddly as gently caress fusion system.

Which also means getting the weapons to fuse together in the first place. If you're enjoying the combat and/or challenges, it won't hurt much. If you're NOT...it feels like you're beating your head against a wall.

quote:

'how long can you keep the combo up?'

The answer is 'not very'. The enemy breaks whenever possible-which is often, especially as difficulty rises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Augus posted:

I'm hesitating to start a Magnus play through just because the first level makes you play as all the Autobots and don't want to be bothered with changing all of their equipment in order for the ones I haven't been using to not take years to kill an enemy

You're asked specifically on starting a new playthrough 'Do you want to play the normal scenario(Select NO to play as who you like)'. It's specifically referring to the start sequence.

• Locked thread