Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How is it so far? I'm still hung up a bit on the price tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wow the hammer is incredibly my poo poo. If it doesn't two shot a mook it stunlocks them. All the fights with the Devastator crew was just me dodging and countering with the hammer.

Liking it so far but man that first mission felt like it took ages for me because it's huge and sprawling.

I'm finding timing on the tech minigame off, like I actually have input lag getting it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sarrisan posted:

Game rocks. If I have one complaint, though, it's that item management can be a pain. You can only sell/synthesize one item at a time, which takes several seconds apiece. When you start reaching the weapon cap of 200... that is a lot of loving about in a menu when I wanna be out punching robots in the dick. Game really needs the ability to select more than one item for each operation.

Yeah this really feels like the first loot system they've done and completely misunderstood how the UI needs improvements to prevent it getting in the way of the rest of the game.

Like the game showing you loot you've collected one by one is nice and all but after the first time you just start skipping it. Having synthesis take a second to complete is annoying considering the amount of loot you get and the amount of synthesizing you're doing.

Also I get headaches from the insanely bright blue UI background with twitching mesh.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hell maybe this is a playtest for a loot system in Scalebound.

Fat chance that they'll update it now.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Onmi posted:

Also I'm very pissed I missed Secret Mission 1-2. I only wanted a better gun to do it with (Sideswipes Flamethrower and missile launcher is awful for it) and now it's gone.

I was able to restart that level mid way and get a different character. A machine gun makes it so easy.

I need some help, what's a better way to take down shields? I'm only trying the dash attacks and finding it slowing me down or breaking the flow of a fight so there's gotta be a better way to do it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is there a faster way to pull off a dash attack? It can only seem to trigger if I build up a little speed.

Does a ground pound work?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I just find having to back off for a rush attach annoying. Doubly so when my first one doesn't get all the shield users.

Does a charged up heavy attack do the job too? Can the charge use dodge offset?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tae posted:

Optimus's special ability breaks shields.

Exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aside from the lack of lock and some camera hang-ups on this is amazing so far. Grimlock is now my favorite, did the first mission by entirely dodge-suplexing everyone.

I grimace every time I go into the base menu and look at the massive list of items I get. Synthesizing is a really painfully slow process.

• Locked thread