Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I first heard of this game when a friend told me "Hey did you know Platinum was doing a Transformers game?" Then I just saw Chip's recent stream and went "Oh hey this is a fun game. Oh god it has weapon drops. Oh god it has stat upgrades. I'm going to lose my life to this game aren't I?"

Probably, but I'll wait until it's on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

notZaar posted:

Yeah same here. 50 bucks seems just a tad too steep for what is essentially a half budget, half "real" game. I'd snap it up easily at $35.

It's not necessarily that, I don't buy ANYTHING unless it's on sale. I like to think I have a modicum of self control. I mean the game looks like I'll have fun with it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Bloodly posted:

I vaguely wonder whether the hammer's gonna see any use. It's so slow to swing.

From what I've seen the Hammer is great with the dodge system and the Super Armor enhanced charge strikes. It feels very meaty. I love weapons like it.

EDIT: I mean the games weapon switching system looks really smooth, so the Hammer looks like something you chain into for a heavy hit

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Veotax posted:

Is the timing on the parry tighter than Rising? I know it's not a central game mechanic like in MGR, but it doesn't feel as reliable here.

Yes the window has been made tighter

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The game never expressly says it, but the Grappling Hook gun works as a Grappling Hook on enemies, dragging them towards you. Great for Seekers.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

You motherfucker platinum, I KNEW YOU WOULD BE HIDING STUFF THERE I HAD TO GROUND POUND TO GET

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

What does the green shield mean on the map? What weapon do you need for that one beacon in Chapter 1? How do you break the in-air vehicle chests? Oh wait the red energon cubes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think my radar may have bugged out, I triggered the treasure zone and revealed the chest but the radar shows treasure as still being there.

Also I'm very pissed I missed Secret Mission 1-2. I only wanted a better gun to do it with (Sideswipes Flamethrower and missile launcher is awful for it) and now it's gone.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I do hate the one in every 100 of the satellites that requires a weapon you lack on hand, with no visual indicator of what weapon you need.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Well , that was a nice sequel hook. Overall, liked the game, would have liked a bit more boss variation. And maybe it's because I was only on Normal, and I lucked out and got a B-Rank Hammer as a drop, but man did the bosses go down like chumps. Like I can't see how anyone can hate the hammer, it absolutely SHREDS EVERYTHING. And when you're taking an 8th of a bosses life in a single swing, you don't need to worry.

It's probably awful for SS Ranking though, I also wonder what cool parts of the game I missed by never really parrying. There was that feeling missing of over the top Platinum Crazy.

So the sequel will see Nova Prime, Superion, Defensor, and Optimus Maximus. Gives me something to look forward to.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 15, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Welp just started my second run on Commander and I already got some A drops. This game is going to destroy my life.

EDIT: Goodness Grimlock is hard to get used to for the Megatron road battle. His lack of snipers also hurts.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 16, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

My Grimlock playthrough has encountered a snag, that being Grimlocks inability to carry a gun with some distance on it, making side missions a challenge and making treasure hard to collect. as a Collection maniac, It's ridiculous trying to get it all as Grimlock.

On the other hand, I lucked out and got an uncommon A-Rank drop for the Star Saber with 5 slots free.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

S-Rank Shockwave Blaster! ... oh it only has 4 slots.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Bloodly posted:

What are you filling your slots with, may I ask?

Sure, my Star Saber (Level 30) has Atk+ Lv.5, Focus + Lv.5, RareDrop+ Lv.5, Crit+Lv.4 and FocTime+ Lv.4
My Shockwave Blaster has Atk+ Lv.4, Accuracy+ Lv.4, FireRate+Lv.4 and Atk+ Lv.3
My Twin Heat Swords have SynXP Lv.5 and Lv3, RareDrop Lv.4 and Lv.3 And Weapon Drop Lv.5. I have no idea if this makes them an effective farming weapon since.... well... random chance.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The bridge in chapter 4. It's not beating it, it's doing it for the SS Rank that's grinding me, Well... Less so now that I've decided to stop using Grimlock for it. But seriously the jets flying everywhere drive me nuts, I came so close to no damaging (and probably getting a 0 for time) and one Seeker off screen

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Use Sideswiper for everything. He's fast, hits hard, he's fast, he can chain vehicle attacks together, he's fast, and he's great. He's really great, I think he's my favorite. Plus he says the word "retort" a lot and that pleases me.

You're only pitching that my next character be Sideswipe, but I must finish this Grimlock playthrough (With special guest star Optimus "gently caress your poo poo up" Prime)

I think I just found Grimlocks new hammer (If I ever didn't just use the Star Sword which is Level 30 because money to upgrade weapons is ridiculous now)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I never use the ultimates (even though it's not like I'm getting SS ranks normally fighting) because I keep thinking "Less chance for SS Ranks"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Does anyone know if rate of fire stacks?I tried to put two level 5's on a sniper rifle and it emptied the bar. So... no?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

aerial units are easy once you figure out a heavy range attack knocks them to the air. The auto-aim is incredibly generous, it's better to left trigger, right trigger between every shot for the best accuracy.

Oh yeah, they're just bloody awful without a sniper rifle. Also I'm poo poo at aiming so for Prime and others my general firearms focus is "Hit L2, Hit R2, SPAM DODGE"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

I currently have a machine gun that does close to 1000 damage per hit, so I can't imagine how much S rank snipers do.

I was just going into the Ark to check Optimus's and got this

I think I just found my new hammer.

EDIT: That would be this bot

and the Bolt Sniper Rifle I'm using is 1,487 total power at level 20, A-Rank. I'm looking to upgrade it the next sniper I get.

EDIT 2:

Look upon my works ye mighty. And Despair. In comparison

EDIT 3:

Blitzwing is certainly very Blitzy, he gets attacks out very quickly. And he doesn't seem to be stunlocked like Starscream was. I seriously chunked Starscreams health between the Hammer of Solus and Dinobot rolling at him. Also sometimes Focus ends far quicker than usual, anyone figured out why yet?

EDIT 4: The adhesive gel gun works on bosses, Now I'm curious about the other Status Guns. My No-Hit Blitzwing Run is still in hell. Strategy right now (Grimlock Only) is "Open match by shooting 14 times with the Shockwave S Rank gun. Hopefully get some headshots. Now Focus Dodge every hit, hammer him, also liberal application of the adhesive gel." Which also seems to knock him out of transformation.

I can get almost no vehicle hits in, since 1. Blitzwing had ridiculous Super Armor and 2. There's too many enemies around, I eat too much damage.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 17, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I am stuck in my own personal hell using a character who's controls I hate (Grimlock) vs a Boss who is super loving fast with Super Armor (Blitzwing) and mooks. I'm trying to SS rank, and in my mind the only proper way to do it is No-Hits. I cannot manage this task. I'm afraid when I do, I'll get an A or S rank instead.

EDIT: My problem with Grimlock in detail is frankly the dino mode. I'm sure it's a lovely mode great for killing all on its own, but the fact is when I'm in the heat of a boss battle, my fingers have enough trouble with the inputs. I do not need to be doing something for one form (such as tapping circle to sprint) only to be in the other form because I hit the transform button for too long and Grimlock cannot cancel out of a transformation like the others can. As well, his Dodge becomes small as hell, his reach becomes abysmal, his combos are that poor place of far weaker than the hammer, faster than it, but not fast enough to complete a Vehicle attack combo. Which makes it so that stuck normal attacking as Grimlock is loving infuriating.

Oh and this is just me but he's inconsistent as all hell. When I do the belly flop (Dash Triangle) Sometimes I get the vehicle attack prompt, and can get back into good old robot mode where everything is familiar with the entire rest of the game. Other times I don't, Sometimes I get the prompt but stay in Dino mode after the attack.

I keep getting hit where I wouldn't be getting hit with the other characters. No other character eats an attack because I'm trying to swap forms. No other character is so locked into his form switches that I'll start dodge rolling like a moron trying to get out of it. No other character suddenly has far shorter range than they did a second ago, or is faster in attacking, or has had the timing for dodge cancelling change. Speaking of that, no other character can be 90% of the way through an attack only to dodge out of it, into a surrounding pit of enemies.

I realize the problem is with me. And I could win this fight if I wasn't trying to go for No Hits. But we all journey to hell in our own ways, and this is mine.

EDIT 2: On the other hand? the Starscream fight before this? Grimlock took no damage by stunlocking his rear end in with hammer and vehicle attacks. Only got an A-Rank though.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 17, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Welp that's Hard done, now onto Magnus difficulty. Either Sideswipe, Wheeljack or Bumblebee time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Oh my

So the Assault Rifle, is a sniper rifle with full auto.

I got this just after Mission 4. This is never leaving my Autobots.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

The cool thing about playing the smaller guys is that the Decepticons look so much bigger. I didn't realize Blitzwing was so buff - I still have his original toy and it's not so big. I love his move where he grabs you by the throat and drags you along beside him.

I also love that move. And by love I mean despise. Because he would always snatch my out of a combo or Grimlocks bellyflop.

He's also fast as gently caress. I do not look forward to fighting him on Magnus.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

The challenge fight with him and Starscream is crazy. They are tough enough on their own - together you need eyes in the back of your head. They are both good at dodging or breaking combos.

My thing with Blitzwing is he takes NO stun what so ever. You can stagger him but he's amazingly resilient. I just maxed out some S-Rank Devastator Drills With 2x Attack Lv5. And 2x Crit Lv5. And its 5th slot is Item Pull. When I transfer it over to an SS version, it'll be replaced with Focus Lv.5 and I'm wondering if should stick Finish + on it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Man I have no idea how the rare drop stuff works, I have Drop Rarity up +50% and +80% up, 130% increased change, and I have a 130% weapon drop rate, I should not be getting so many commons.

Welp, here it is, until I find a rifle with 6 slots that's SS rank.

And that's Magnus done! Onto Prime!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 19, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think finally (On Prime no less) this game has finally clicked. Helped that I finally learned how to Reversal, since I'd brought all the moves but done the stupid thing of not paying attention to them. I don't think Parry is really necessary in this game, it's... helped? In that occasionally I'll accidentally parry something. Also it took until my Magnus fight with Megatron to end the battle with a Red Hot One Hundred clash. I had NO IDEA what was happening because outside of the final battle with Megatron I'd never had a QTE event.

Nowadays my combat style is a Dodge Reversal Assault Rifle to the noggin. Rush combo anyone with shields every now and then Drill Punch or launch into a string of combos. Mind you, I'm still getting hit, but I was happy as hell with ending the Devastator/Menasor duel fight on Magnus with a SS rank. My Rankings are not consistent, sometimes I'll get Cs, others SS. I tend to average A/S unless there's a lot of hectic crap on screen. I SSed all of the Team up Constructicon battle.

I now have SS Rank Devastator Drills, And I'm building equipment for everyone. Bumblebee plays fun.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm loving Beast Wars Megatron levels of excited here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

Also if we could get a Beast Wars sequel to this that'd be great...

EDIT: And now that I have a SS Rank Machine Gun, I can give some stat reports

M one with no add-ons does 1,471 damage for each round, with a maximum chamber of 300, with the 2 Attack Lv.5s that comes to 1,765, as well, 2 Headshot Lv.5 Means each Headshot bullet does 40% more damage.

Max Energy Up brings the magazine size to 450

Worth noting? the Rate of fire augment seems to make it fire less, At least according to the bar, it's unclear. Oh well I'll take it off, throw on another Max Energy for 600 shots total

My Freeze Assault Rifle on the other hand, does 7,271 per shot with no augments, and has 30 maximum shots. 60 with 2 Energy level 5s

Done! I SSed megatron right at the end, I'm happy as hell.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 20, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Haha yeah that would be great. I hope they just escalate everything - imagine using Devastator/Superion to beat up Metroplex/Trypticon then use them to beat up Unicron.

Well this is a prequel game to the 'Combiner Wars' so player combiners are definitely a thing. Speaking of which. IF Optimus Maximum is going to use his existing combiners, we'll be seeing Prowl, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Mirage in the next game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AccountingNightmare posted:

Am I crazy or is there no lock-on button in this game (aside from the shooting controls)? Occasionally my camera will lose track of some of the faster bosses and it's annoying.

This would be incredible.

You are not crazy, there is only auto-lock on, you will find it annoying to charge past an enemy to target a more annoying foe behind them, press the attack button only for your autobot to throw themselves at the enemy across the map because Auto-lock deemed them more of a threat.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also am I crazy or are all the enemies super fast on Magnus and Prime?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Joe Gillian posted:

Their aggressiveness is amped up meaning their attacks are also 50% faster. I think it's 75% on Prime difficulty.

No I mean physically faster, I swear the Heavies move much quicker than they did on the early difficulties. Also, a fun note, your equipped weapons continue their passive properties. So if you're exclusively Melee (like Grimlock) but you want the longest focus you can, so you can stack 6 FocusTime Lv.5 on your gun, and bam, that's passive now, until you unequip the gun. Which, if you build your Grimlock anything like me (3 Melee, 1 Gun) is impossible.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

I want to make sure I understand correctly - skills only activate on equipped weapons, right? And equipped means currently active, not just on your inventory slots? This is probably really obvious.

You have 4 slots, 1 melee, 1 ranged, 2 free. your actively equipped weapons give you any passive benefits, such as FocusTime+ or ItemPull even if you aren't actually going to use that weapon in a fight.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Not sure how different those characters would be in terms of playstyle, but i'm all for more skins like the DLC to make replays more interesting. I guess Mirage would be cool if he could turn invisible.

I'd rather have something crazy different like Blaster/Soundwave with their special move being a random tape buddy. Or some jets so we can fly around. Maybe they would have to limit character selection for certain levels but that's fine with me. They already have the animations and movesets for almost the whole range of G1 characters, with some tweaking. There are plenty of suckers like me out there willing to shell out the money.

Also give us a royal rumble-style multiplayer arena!

Well Ironhide would probably have activated Super Armor, which would be dumb in a Platinum game since ranking. Prowl... well it depends on if you want to take his Ninja stuff from animated for the sake of uniqueness, Of course, and this is again, spoilers for the comics and kind of sort of a spoiler for a potential sequel Prowl is apart of Devastator in the comic, after Scrapper was murdered he was modified to be the new Head of Devastator. So he was a part of Devastator and Optimus Maximus, until he was replaced in Devastator by Scoop So that would be interesting to see how that'll work.

Anyway, if you use his Ninja stuff from Animated as inspiration then holograms/clones?

And for Sunstreaker... I have nothing.His only other unique features have been having a Headmaster and having an insecticon for a pet... Oh my god he should totally have Bob as his INSECT SHAPED ROBOT BUDDY!

EDIT: Oh right, Sunstreaker is Sideswipes brother, so I guess he would just have his dash ability.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 21, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Wow, so if you really grind for weapons and got lucky you could come up with four weapons, with each slot holding a focus time + and they would all stack? That sounds wonderfully OP.

No, I'm horrible. Just the currently equipped Melee and Range weapon. Which means you can STILL stack it 12 times... + T.E.C.H.

EDIT: Also, minor glitch encountered. Merely swapping to an Item Pull weapon isn't enough to make it start pulling items, a checkpoint reset or going into base is also needed. Also Item Pull makes "collect the dots" challenges easy.

Disco De Soto posted:

Just based on Sideswipe alone you could have: Red Alert, Sunstreaker, Windcharger, Mirage, Jazz, Bluestreak, Prowl, Skids, Smokescreen, Tracks and Hot Rod without too much effort. Maybe from Sideswipe or Wheeljack you could get Brawn, Gears, Huffer, Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailerbreaker and Hoist.

Ultra Magnus from Optimus is an easy one. You could get Blaster and his tapes from Soundwave. And then Bruticus, Superion and Defensor wouldn't be a huge step from Menasor, as long as you don't have to animate all the separate transformers.

EDIT: I'm stupid enough to pay full price just for another 15 re-skins and a multiplayer arena.

I really just want more game... also more enemies, I would have loved to fight the other Stunticons

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 21, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Yes I think more enemies is the key. You already fight everyone at least twice.

That sequence where you fight the Constructicons 2 at a time was awesome, just do something similar for the Stunticons and Combaticons.

Not everyone! You actually only fight Skywarp ever the once, when he's with Thundercracker (who you are fighting twice) I have no idea how he managed to not be a repeated Bossfight, but since he and Thundercracker play out like Starscream anyway it didn't really make a difference. (At least, with the other Autobots around I never saw them show enough difference to Starscreams boss battle)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

A horde mode with boss waves for loot wouldn't be awful...

The only problem with spectacle fighter horde mode multiplayer is getting in the way of other peoples combos. Also how would focus work? Like would it slow down the world for all allies? The hammer would be almost unusable without Focus.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Tbqf, I never said it should be multiplayer ...

I know, but there are already sort-of horde more challenges. I mean I'm pretty sure on the Insecticon challenge maps they never stop spawning until you kill the big ones.

DroneRiff posted:

Could do what Bayonetta 2 did with it's online co-op. That worked pretty well, sharing it with both players and letting it be comboed up.

Oh right I forgot Bayonetta 2 did Online co-op, never mind.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Has anyone managed to get a 100% treasure rating yet? I managed to get to like 91%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Where do you see that?

Title screen, Collection, Records, Play History. I have 90.6% Chests found on Prime

EDIT: For the record, The Max Dodge T.E.C.H. Stacks. So with no Max Dodge on your third dodge you will slide, with Max Dodge level 1. You have 4 and slide on the 4th, with 2 level 1s you have 5 and slide on the 5th.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 23, 2015

• Locked thread