Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm looking for good examples of Kirby cosmic/space art. I've been thinking of getting a space themed sleeve for a while now, and i had the bright idea to do it Kirby style and want some good images to give to my artist

And three of Kirby's religious pieces:

Angel

The Battle of Jericho

Jacob Wrestling the Angel
(even if, textually, he's wrestling God, but this isn't the place to quibble academic poo poo)

Someone let me know if image leeching is still a thing that people don't like, although I've tried to make sure they were all hosted on major blogging platforms instead of anyone's personal bandwidth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

There are a bunch of fine guides online for rendering kirby dots, so you might want to find one for your artist to look at. The most important thing is that the dots themselves aren't the point; they exist to define the shape of the energy/cosmic bullshit fields in the negative space.

A lot of people trying to draw Kirby dots for the first time seem to get that wrong, and focus on the dots themselves.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey could someone give me this picture: From grant morrison's X-men, right before Xorn takes his hat off to reveal he's Magneto when he cripples Charles there's a panel where he says something like "Things will begin to happen very quickly now." Can someone post that panel.

Also from grant morrison's X-men, can someone post the sequence (maybe a page or 2 total?) Where Quentin Quire reveals that he did the whole thing to impress one of the cuckoos and they all say EW and blast all his different systems apart.

• Locked thread