Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

pigdog posted:

Unironically constitutional monarchy. The Nordic countries, Netherlands, Japan, i.e. many of the best countries in the world have that. Democracy is great, but it's even better if there's a monarch with a personal stake in the wellbeing of the country, and the power potential to limit the most egregious abuses of capitalism.

Is it really fair to have Japan in that list with, y'know, the whole World War 2 thing?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Venomous posted:

idk, I really liked the Illuminati Ending

"Oh yes."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

No poo poo, when I lived in Cheyenne, WY, this scene scared the hell out of me as a new father. Knowing that we'd be on a first strike list someone...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

asdf32 posted:

Theoretically the ideal is that everyone is nice to each other and no government is needed.

Once you step into the real world the only thing that matters is finding the government which works the best.

Get back in the Libertarian thread and defend this. :colbert:

We need more laugh material

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Starshark posted:

He did say "the ideal". Technically if we weren't such bastards we wouldn't need governing.

He's Libertarian, you don't want to know what he thinks about governing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

asdf32 posted:

No and pointing out that people arn't ideal is the most trivial way to destroy libertarianism.

:ssh: I didn't say that we were ideal.

• Locked thread