Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
Theoretically the ideal is that everyone is nice to each other and no government is needed.

Once you step into the real world the only thing that matters is finding the government which works the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asdf32
May 15, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

He's Libertarian, you don't want to know what he thinks about governing.

No and pointing out that people arn't ideal is the most trivial way to destroy libertarianism.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

This is literally impossible.

No it's not this simple. Part of the problem is that our language intertwines a few things into the word ideology. Part of ideology is a person's overarching ideas, goals and moral guidelines. We can't operate as humans without these. But the other aspect is the implementation of those goals and the extent to which we allow utility to enter the equation. So while we can never separate politics, or existence for that matter from ideology, we can (and must) still classify people or ideas as being more or less ideological.

This is what lets us identify the ideology of say strict "non aggression" libertarianism as being outside the norm. Because while most people share the goal "reduce aggression" they are far less "ideological" in how they want that to be achieved.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

Can someone explain to me the difference between Libertarianism and Communism because both seem to have an endgame consisting of "and then everyone is nice to each other and no more state is needed."

[Coming off a 1 week probation for probing this question] They're for idiots looking for a diversion from real life.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Maybe you need a better word.

What?

Trent posted:

This sounds like horseshit. Amusing horseshit, but still horseshit.

Sorry, now because random both red and green lights mean go and lead is mandatory in milk. Whoopsie. Good thing no one's in charge or it would certainly be worse!

At least appreciate how jaded he is.

Effectronica posted:

The best political system depends on what you consider best. Misanthropic types, like sex tourists, will consider representative democracy the apex because it significantly impedes the populace from having political power while retaining an illusion of them having a say. Violent and vindictive people will prefer dictatorships, which institutionalize the opportunity for them to exercise their desires.

You really are one of my favorite posters.

• Locked thread