Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

The might kallipolis, but only because Mike Huckabee hates it.

Lol say what, now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

During the last debate, Huckabee decried recent actions of the Supreme Court and accused them of transforming democracy into rule by "philosopher-kings."

CLEARLY, if Huckabee had read The Republic he would know that democracy is the lowest form of government as it is subject to the momentary passions of the mob. It is only through the kallipolis that we can achieve eudaimonia.

I can never tell when someone is being sarcastic about the Republic.

Look at Huckabee, though, supporting rule by the dumbest. At least he knows where his bread is buttered. Every time someone bitches about the supreme court ruling on marriage equality, I imagine they still bitch about Brown v Board of Education when they're alone or sure they're surrounded by the 'right sort' of people.

Edit:How can someone seriously claim that religious tradition overrules the constitution and then complain about philosopher kings?! I really can't tell if some of these people are straight up disingenuous liars or deluded idiots immune to cognitive dissonance.

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 24, 2015

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Melted_Igloo posted:

Is a quantum state form of government possible?

The answer to every political gripe is a both yes and no, until the government waveform collapses then every other political state is destroyed, then we start over.

You should publish this before Deepak Chopra steals it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

Still arguing that random chance makes the best ruler.

A probably of choosing correct policy equal to the number of options is better odds than democracy, dictatorship, or an AI get.

This sounds like horseshit. Amusing horseshit, but still horseshit.

Sorry, now because random both red and green lights mean go and lead is mandatory in milk. Whoopsie. Good thing no one's in charge or it would certainly be worse!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vagon posted:

the eleven finally chose the forty-one who actually elected the doge

Dogeocracy. Much government. Wow.

Dogs would actually be more loyal, more friendly, and no less stupid than most of the Tea Party wave, so if not best, an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

I can't tell which people are making serious proposals, which people are disguising their serious proposals as ironic jokes, and which people are just joking. Regardless...

will states, as we know them, cease to exist in the next fifty years?

:ironicat:

I generally totally get and agree with what you are saying, but that came out of left field.

• Locked thread