Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wizardopogarchy, thanks OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

EvilGenius posted:

OK, but I'm talking about removing ideology from government.

Lol someone is confused about the world and human beings.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This thread is fun because I can't tell the difference between joke posts and genuine flailing infants with no understanding of government or politics or even like brain thoughts. "Let's just remove ideological context from decisions" fuckin lol

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

DrProsek posted:

Removing ideology from politics is nonsense for the simple reason that there are many issues we don't need a cost/benefit analysis for. There is no good financial reason to take in refugees rather than refusing them at the border. I fully concede that you will not make your moneys worth from the refugees, and yet I feel every European nation has a moral obligation to accept the refugees that are coming to Europe. This is what we call ideology.

Besides, DOOM DOES NOT CARE FOR YOUR SQUABBLING, DOOM WILL SPEND AND SAVE MONEY, TIME, AND BLOOD AS DOOM SEES FIT! FOR THE ONLY THING THAT GUIDES THIS NATION'S FUTURE IS DOOM'S WILL!

Cost/benefit analysis is itself part of an ideological framework. :ssh:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

asdf32 posted:

No it's not this simple. Part of the problem is that our language intertwines a few things into the word ideology. Part of ideology is a person's overarching ideas, goals and moral guidelines. We can't operate as humans without these. But the other aspect is the implementation of those goals and the extent to which we allow utility to enter the equation. So while we can never separate politics, or existence for that matter from ideology, we can (and must) still classify people or ideas as being more or less ideological.

Maybe you need a better word.

• Locked thread