Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vita Squad assemble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
not 100% of digital ps1 titles can be played on a vita, for reasons unknown, and some cant be downloaded to the vita and must be downloaded to a ps3 and transferred, for reasons unknown

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

I use DS4 for everything (PS3, PS4, PC). its a great controller

Wish my mobo had built in Bluetooth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I had to do that for Suikoden 1 (download to a PS3 and then transfer to my vita)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

there was a weekend where something broke and you could download anything to a vita so i have all 3 spyro games and gex 2 on my vita even tho they arent supposed to run on vita and im afraid to ever delete them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if i was talking to someone in charge at sony id probably nag them about digital ps1 for a half hour lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks for the PSTV explanation. Theres a truly staggering amount of awesome games to play in the world, and so many systems to play them on. I wish more things had backward compatibility the way Nintendo things do.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

Touchpad becomes the mouse yeah

For real? Do you have to use Joy2Key or is there a custom driver for it?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

From my limited research in the last 5 minutes from my phone while trying not to fall asleep in the car, there are different options depending on what you are trying to do with it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Having recently learned that people are hosting MGO2 through cfw ps3s, I'm now severely split on which system to get.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Which, yes, is most likely retarded because if I got either system I could just play MGO3 right now but just let me have this one, thanks guys.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

I use something called InputMapper which is probably spyware laden bullcrap from Russia or something but it works and I can use the touchpad like a mouse

Soral
May 30, 2009

an increasing number of games are compatible with ds4 natively, however they tend to act a little bit weird- mgs5 for instance, gives you all 360 buttons in the ui, and treats the share and options button as select and the touchpad as start

Soral
May 30, 2009

shovel knight works perfectly with the ds4 without any input mapping drivers or software. it's amazing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

you can run through the entire last third of Bloodborne in like 20 minutes once you know what you're doing , yeah

other souls games are the same .. im not a speedrunner at all but i could probably do DS in 2 and a half hrs. its slightly harder to go fast in souls games though cos in bloodborne the levels are wider and more open 2 accomodate the new fighting style.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

In Training posted:

Vita Squad assemble

yo

Soral
May 30, 2009

i beat gehrman today and then warped out of the final boss so i could do chalice stuff. the fight with gehrman was loving epic

Soral
May 30, 2009

that game is almost too good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SOmebodys tryna sell me a ps3 (500 gb, the old version). Can anyone remind me what really good games are on the PS3 and not on the PC... thank you. Besides the MGS collection. I can think of Red Dead Redemption, plus theres all the PS1 games on the psn store that you cant really play anywhere besides the original console right? BEcause PSX emulation doesnt work too well.

Soral
May 30, 2009

get one of the katamari games

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Demons Souls.

Soral
May 30, 2009

rediscover posted:

Demons Souls.

this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Demons Souls.

Oh gently caress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

SOmebodys tryna sell me a ps3 (500 gb, the old version). Can anyone remind me what really good games are on the PS3 and not on the PC... thank you. Besides the MGS collection. I can think of Red Dead Redemption, plus theres all the PS1 games on the psn store that you cant really play anywhere besides the original console right? BEcause PSX emulation doesnt work too well.

i just bought one so these are games i may get for it

zone of enders hd colelction
gran turismo 6
demons souls
kingdom hearts 1 and 2 hd
yakuza games
ico and shadow of the colossus hd
tokyo jungle

a lot of ps2 ports lol

if your counting red dead then theres probably a lot that were on 360 but not ps3 that i wasnt thinking about, like nier

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How robust is the digital PS1 catalog? And, are there good games besides RDR that were on both consoles but never on PC. Cos all the other Ps3 exclusives you can just find on a list on wikipedia.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

How robust is the digital PS1 catalog? And, are there good games besides RDR that were on both consoles but never on PC. Cos all the other Ps3 exclusives you can just find on a list on wikipedia.

heres the ps1 list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSone_Classics_(North_America)

lots of good games there.

one good console exclusive besides rdr would be dragons dogma (but that's coming to pc now i think)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Was looking through the list of every PS3 exclusive ever and this game seems awesome lol.

The game involves a boy's summer vacation on his aunt and uncle's farm in the wide-open countryside of Hokkaidō. Features from previous series entries, like catching a large variety of insects, a popular pastime in Japan, and swimming return, along with new activities, such as grass sledding, cow milking, and Chinese jump rope.

Soral
May 30, 2009

did anyone play afrika. was that game good? it briefly captured my interest because it kind of looked like open world pokemon snap

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i bought both hd kingdom hearts collections, UNIEL, and guilty gear xrd when i got a ps3 last month. im interested in getting tokyo jungle but idk what else. i might buy soul calibur 5 again so i can play it online if i can get anyone to play it with me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
tokyo jungles kinda shallow.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
gran turismo 6 definitely if u like racing games. lightning returns too. er, is that an exclusive. idk.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

gran turismo 6 definitely if u like racing games. lightning returns too. er, is that an exclusive. idk.

its on 360 as well, and a pc port was announced but its like 6 months late now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

tokyo jungles kinda shallow.

yeah. i got it thinking it would be freaking sweet but it got boring after a few hours. theres a lot less going on in it than you think

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

elf help book posted:

i just bought one so these are games i may get for it

zone of enders hd colelction
gran turismo 6
demons souls
kingdom hearts 1 and 2 hd
yakuza games
ico and shadow of the colossus hd
tokyo jungle

a lot of ps2 ports lol

if your counting red dead then theres probably a lot that were on 360 but not ps3 that i wasnt thinking about, like nier

these are good also ni no kuni, vanquish, metal gear hd collection, and uhhh uncharteds i guess if youre into that poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ni no kuni was some win

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

these are good also ni no kuni, vanquish, metal gear hd collection, and uhhh uncharteds i guess if youre into that poo poo

Vanquish! I knew there was at least 3 games that still havent had weird late PC ports yet (RDR, Nier, ?) Vanquish looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sharrrk posted:

i bought both hd kingdom hearts collections, UNIEL, and guilty gear xrd when i got a ps3 last month. im interested in getting tokyo jungle but idk what else. i might buy soul calibur 5 again so i can play it online if i can get anyone to play it with me

Tokyo jungle is 3 dollars on sale this weekend.

• Locked thread