Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

i also got infamous second son. its pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to post this thread next year.

When you post that I'll probably still be waiting for a reason to buy one beyond Persona 5 and Bloodborne. I need more to dive into than that.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You're in luck OP

...and releases like this are not helping at all

Soral
May 30, 2009

its a nice palette cleanser to walk around manhattan as the invulnerable smoke man who can murder all the cops after playing a ton of bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adlai Stevenson posted:

When you post that I'll probably still be waiting for a reason to buy one beyond Persona 5 and Bloodborne. I need more to dive into than that.

...and releases like this are not helping at all

SFV is coming out Spring 2016 and it's going to be awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yep sfv is gonna be great. ryu is growing a sick beard for it.

Soral posted:

its a nice palette cleanser to walk around manhattan as the invulnerable smoke man who can murder all the cops after playing a ton of bloodborne

Seattle i thought

Soral
May 30, 2009

modern day city-focued open worlds are identical. they all look the same.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I guess you could play that Final Fantasy 14 game, or maybe that Uncharted or that Gears of War but with mushroom people.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I guess you could play that Final Fantasy 14 game, or maybe that Uncharted or that Gears of War but with mushroom people.
Do you mean Final Fantasy 14?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you mean Final Fantasy 14?

M-m-maybe?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soral posted:

it came with destiny (??) and the new fifa, and also i bought bloodborne. tell me what are all the must have playstation/multi-platform console titles, so i can get them and play tyhem. thanks.

The new Metal Gear is fun, but it's a big time sink, it's more like Skyrim with guns than the previous Metal Gear games.

Batman is good. I have the season pass, it's a waste of money.

Shadow of Mordor, it's really derivative of Assassin's Creed and Batman, but it's better than the sum of it's parts.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh no too much metal gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Time sink" has too much negative connotation. You should say "MGSV is 200 hours long and you'll love all of it"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't care for Shadow of Mordor very much

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The PS4 is cool though. I like mine a lot

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You're in luck OP

Oh hell yeah.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

"Time sink" has too much negative connotation. You should say "MGSV is 200 hours long and you'll love all of it"

Time Sink was a poor choice of words.... I think MGSV suffers from the lack of focus that comes from open world games, and it did not feel as goofy as previous chapters, there was a certain charm to getting a codec call in the middle of a firefight from your therapist, or the detailed convos about how good different animals taste. The game is great if you stick to the main story but if youare like me and get OCD about side missions it can get bogged down.

You do get some really great customization of your gear and choice of Buddy so you can easily impose challenges and limitations on yourself, or become a super soldier raining death upon all who oppose you if that's your thing.

From a technical standpoint, MGSV is amazing, wonderful sound and visual design.

Shadow of Mordor is really cheap at least, I think it was underrated, but I know a lot of people did not care for it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i've already gotten 100% completion + all achievements for the pc version of mgsv but i may or may not do it all again for the ps4 version

Soral
May 30, 2009

both of the games i've opened (bloodborne and infamous) have very handsome reversible covers... is this something all ps4 games have? i really love the clean/alternate box art

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soral posted:

both of the games i've opened (bloodborne and infamous) have very handsome reversible covers... is this something all ps4 games have? i really love the clean/alternate box art

its a publisher by publisher basis kind of thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

kzin602 posted:

Time Sink was a poor choice of words.... I think MGSV suffers from the lack of focus that comes from open world games, and it did not feel as goofy as previous chapters, there was a certain charm to getting a codec call in the middle of a firefight from your therapist, or the detailed convos about how good different animals taste. The game is great if you stick to the main story but if youare like me and get OCD about side missions it can get bogged down.

You do get some really great customization of your gear and choice of Buddy so you can easily impose challenges and limitations on yourself, or become a super soldier raining death upon all who oppose you if that's your thing.

From a technical standpoint, MGSV is amazing, wonderful sound and visual design.

Shadow of Mordor is really cheap at least, I think it was underrated, but I know a lot of people did not care for it.

Let's respect this guy's opinions, he actually has a pretty fair point, and you know, it's okay to have constructive criticism.. *screwing silencer onto pistol behind my back*

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I bough ta ps4 a month ago to game on because I was getting sick of my PC and the constant bullshit drivers nvidia farted out that made me unable to finish witcher

I have had a lot of fun with it and I hoep you also will, OP

Until Dawn is a pretty good game if you like horror movies, Bloodborne too (good buy). MGSV is amazing fun.

They should port Revengeance imo

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Sep 25, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gah... I'm sick of these BullS#!T drivers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like consoles over PC gaming because you put the disc in and the game launches.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

In Training posted:

I like consoles over PC gaming because you put the disc in and the game launches.

This

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

When I was a teenager my mom bought me homeworld and for no good reason whatsoever our pc refused to do anything but load a black screen when I tried to run it so i spent a full year just reading A Historicsl and Tehnical Briefing just dreaming about playing it. Anyway that's why I buy consoles

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Rofl.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Benny D posted:

When I was a teenager my mom bought me homeworld and for no good reason whatsoever our pc refused to do anything but load a black screen when I tried to run it so i spent a full year just reading A Historicsl and Tehnical Briefing just dreaming about playing it. Anyway that's why I buy consoles
Thank you Benny Deez

Soral
May 30, 2009

beat the cleric beast in bloodborne this morning. this game is epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne kicks rear end. Extremely excited for the expansion.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
get the witcher 3 if you dont already have it on pc

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its hosed up that from software thinks its ok to make games as insanely good as bloodborne. who do they think they are?

Soral
May 30, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

get the witcher 3 if you dont already have it on pc

i do but i only played the prologue

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Got one a few weeks ago. Mostly playing GTAV and MSG but gonna pick up Bloodborne soon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743514 some n++ codes were posted here

Soral
May 30, 2009

none of the posted codes were valid anymore but thank you anyways

Soral
May 30, 2009

oh actually, i snagged one. thank you for the help elf help book

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

its hosed up that from software thinks its ok to make games as insanely good as bloodborne. who do they think they are?

they do it so effortlessly in record time

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he just posted more codes for na and eu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

he just posted more codes for na and eu

woah thanks got one.