Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he just posted more codes for na and eu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

he just posted more codes for na and eu

woah thanks got one.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i beat infamous second son, and then played more bloodborne. bloodstarved beast was a pretty awesome fight but now i don't really know where to go

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've decided: I'm getting the PS4/Destiny bundle next week.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Nice job. Youre gonna have tons of fun playing that game... I just know it

Soral
May 30, 2009

Alain Post posted:

congratulations

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soral posted:

i beat infamous second son, and then played more bloodborne. bloodstarved beast was a pretty awesome fight but now i don't really know where to go

go to cathdral ward and enter the now opened door in the lamp room

Soral
May 30, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

go to cathdral ward and enter the now opened door in the lamp room

gently caress you. i did this and then spent an hour screaming as i tried to make my way down that lovely pitch black pit. maneuvering down that hole was harder than all 3 bosses i've done so far combined

Soral
May 30, 2009

any game designer that puts mandatory falling damage into their game ought to be executed swiftly and with extreme prejudice, in my opinion

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Soral posted:

any game designer that puts mandatory falling damage into their game ought to be executed swiftly and with extreme prejudice, in my opinion

take this attitude and put it to use in bloodborne, as the thrice-illustrious game devs intended

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did DkS have a olatforming section. Demons, II and Bloodborne all did but idr if 1 did.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I don't remember dying to platforming poo poo in Bloodborne but it's been a while since I played it

It's an optional area so maybe you didn't do it? I completely missed upper cathedral wars on my first play through

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Soral posted:

gently caress you. i did this and then spent an hour screaming as i tried to make my way down that lovely pitch black pit. maneuvering down that hole was harder than all 3 bosses i've done so far combined

theres a very easy route to get down there. ppl put notes marking it there sometimes so check it out. although i cant say i ever had any problems with getting down anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Soral posted:

i dont agree. if you run or fall off a cliff you should die

Soral
May 30, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont agree. if you run or fall off a cliff you should die

theres a difference between falling damage because you hosed up and falling damage that you must take because its the only way to progress and while youre right that the first one should definitely exist the second one is horse poo poo. they should put in an extra platform or a gust of wind or a trampoline, or anything at all to remove falling damage from the intended path. it just shouldn't be there. mandatory falling damage has pissed me off for decades

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's ok everyone i cranked the brightness up on my tv like all the way and i was able to find the path. and then a guy at the bottom stole 8 of my insight and that pissed me off too but it's fine because i killed him and got some treasure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a torch you can use

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

In Training posted:

Did DkS have a olatforming section. Demons, II and Bloodborne all did but idr if 1 did.

there is the little falling section to reach the undead blacksmith. a few small jumps here and there like to reach the crestfallen merchant or get back to the asylum

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

you can platform your way down the catacombs and great hollow, which is cool and intended. also the crazy jump/skip to lower undead burg counts in my eyes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah that catacombs has some harrowing jumps, that's a fun area

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

catacombs rule. once i started a new game, jumped down, killed pinwheel and rested at tomb of giants. then i realized this wasn't dark souls 2 and that i couldn't warp back now and i was incredibly hosed because my SL was low and equipment was poo poo. getting back up was very hard but it was very satisfying to get through that skeleton hell

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Jumping down the workshop tower and living isn't hard but getting to the secret side door in there can be tricky

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYr82-olzZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDkKIuJXNA

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

this + shining coins

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

This guy ain't got no dang ol messanger notes

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm waiting until next month before i pay for ps+ because i already spent 600 dollars on getting this dumb playstation already

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bloodborne has the least platforming stuff out of any of the souls games, its just that one room. to get to the bottom of the well in dark souls 2 you had to do crazy leaps of faith and abuse the physics to slide across the wall to reach the next patch of ground

Soral
May 30, 2009

the platforming in that well was optional because if you waited long enough you could just pay for a ladder, and the section after that didn't require you to drop off any ledges or make any jumps for regular progress, just side stuff

Soral
May 30, 2009

you could potentially beat all of dark souls 2 without your feet ever leaving the ground, but even if you did it was okay because the jumping was better in that game, since sprint and jump were on different buttons unlike bloodborne

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i can see the next lvl down in that pic just fine :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Oh yeah lol, he rotated the camera to make it as dark as possible, but now that you mentioned you can clearly see the path.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

bloodborne has the least platforming stuff out of any of the souls games, its just that one room. to get to the bottom of the well in dark souls 2 you had to do crazy leaps of faith and abuse the physics to slide across the wall to reach the next patch of ground

I bought the cat ring and just jumped down without taking any damage

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I bought the cat ring and just jumped down without taking any damage

im using the cat ring

Soral
May 30, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

In Training posted:

Oh yeah lol, he rotated the camera to make it as dark as possible, but now that you mentioned you can clearly see the path.

i didn't. that spot to the left is unreachable from the platform i'm on. i tried jumping there like 4 or 5 times and you just can't make it

Soral
May 30, 2009

and i guess if youre talking about the little wooden thing directly under the platform i'm on, i tried going down there too and it's just as much of a dead end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

INRI can confirm but the spot im looking at is directly to the right of your character...small lightly shaded lip of wood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's workshop this.

Soral
May 30, 2009

hold on i'll boot up my game and try to find that spot again. we'll figure this out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

• Locked thread