Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
What a great loving season! I just hope this show gets a season two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Scream Queens never lived up to its potential. No one important died. At all.
Like, a slasher horror show should actually kill people. Possibly with knives. Candle Vlogger at least went out that way.

The Chanel rants were gold. Grace was awful. Zayday checked out after being kidnapped. I'm just left going 'ehh.'

Oh and Denise was fantastic. Good luck at Quantico.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

I agree. Even though I greatly enjoyed this show and hope that it gets a second season, they missed a whole bunch of opportunities to do some fantastic stuff. Although I wonder if the body count didn't go up because they were unsure of the format for next season. A straight continuation would definitely limit the number of kills.

Also, did Pete not kill Coney? I would've thought that he would totally have wanted the best mascot ever dead.

Kwatz fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 10, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I am getting caught up on this ,but I'm basically just watching it for all of Jamie Lee Curtis scenes. Episode 8 " I taught him everything I knew about making love and he taught me how to fight"

loving awesome.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As long as super sleuth detective/police chief/FBI agent Denise Hempfield, Chad Radwell and the Chanels are back for season 2, I will be happy.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Remember when Ryan Murphy said that barely anyone would survive this season? Of the main characters only two eventually kicked the bucket. I thought for sure that there was going to be some twist when the reveal was made at the very beginning of the second half - like Grace and Zayday were going to do something, anything.

Also a distinct lack of Chad Radwell :mad:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah it kind of sucks that despite being so gung-ho that Hester was obviously the killer and believing that they had proof to that effect, Grace and Zayday were still somehow swayed by Hester's accusations, to the point where a month later they're close friends with her. I was waiting for someone, anyone, to question why and how Hester had all of this evidence readily at hand.

As far as next season goes, I think it has to be a whole new story, as there's really not much left to this one. The only constant character between seasons should really be Denise Hemphill.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I was holding out that it somehow was Zayday, but Hester being the killer makes sense and holds up.

I also did not like how little Chad there was in the final episodes.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah it kind of sucks that despite being so gung-ho that Hester was obviously the killer and believing that they had proof to that effect, Grace and Zayday were still somehow swayed by Hester's accusations, to the point where a month later they're close friends with her. I was waiting for someone, anyone, to question why and how Hester had all of this evidence readily at hand.

As far as next season goes, I think it has to be a whole new story, as there's really not much left to this one. The only constant character between seasons should really be Denise Hemphill.

I'm going on the assumption that the next season will be Zayday and Grace trying to prove Hester is the murderer. I'm also assuming that the Red Devil over Chanel's bed is Chad thinking that scaring the hell out of her would somehow make her "totally wet" or something. I find it hard to believe that Grace and Zayday would just flip-flop like that and accept a maniac like Hester.

HairyNipple! posted:

I also did not like how little Chad there was in the final episodes.
Agreed. I want a show called "The Chad Radwell Chronicles."

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I thought Ryan Murphy already confirmed that if season 2 is a go, it's going to be a new sorry with different characters, taking place at a summer camp and only 3 actors would be returning.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

criscodisco posted:

I thought Ryan Murphy already confirmed that if season 2 is a go, it's going to be a new sorry with different characters, taking place at a summer camp and only 3 actors would be returning.

Please not Grace.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, this was a major bug. But its a supremely silly show, so I just went with it. The court room scenes alone made it worthwhile. Did anyone see what the hell was happening with Chanel #3 there? She was vamping basically.

The logic holds together pretty much and there were more funny scenes and something of a feeling of closure, so I consider the finale and the season as a whole a success. Whoop whoop.

EDIT: Ryan Murphy isn't going to be that involved next season, so take his comments with the most ridiculous and over the top grain of salt.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably when Denise said she'd keep an eye on Zayday and then loving moon-walked out of the scene.

Billie Lourd just crushed it as Sadie Swenson / Chanel #3. The flashes of crazy happiness following her arrest were just perfect.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dead Snoopy posted:

Billie Lourd just crushed it as Sadie Swenson / Chanel #3. The flashes of crazy happiness following her arrest were just perfect.

She was the high point of the season for me (if only because we needed more Chad Radwell!) because of her...I don't want to call it "dull surprise," but how she acted like she was on downers the entire time with perfectly dead delivery. Her background reactions were so small and subtle as opposed to how over the top Abigail Breslin was (who I also enjoyed though not nearly as much).

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

Yeah I was really surprised at how much I liked her, and that this was her first acting gig. She needs to get more work

e: \/ yeah I was aware of the Fisher connection, and you're right, it definitely made the earmuffs a running LOL. I'm not sure her part in TFA is that significant, hopefully she gets to survive and have a slightly larger role in Ep VIII

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 10, 2015

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

aBagorn posted:

Yeah I was really surprised at how much I liked her, and that this was her first acting gig. She needs to get more work

She's in the new Star Wars movie. I'm guessing because her real-life mom is Carrie Fisher. (Which is why the earmuffs and Leia-buns in the finale were so great.)

EDIT: Also, it's weird to see her smile in publicity shots, because I'm so used to her "no emotion" face on the show.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 10, 2015

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

aBagorn posted:

Wow, really? She's a natural and a highlight of the show.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

berzerkmonkey posted:

She's in the new Star Wars movie. I'm guessing because her real-life mom is Carrie Fisher.

Holy poo poo, I had no idea. In retrospect though, there's a definite resemblance.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

berzerkmonkey posted:

She's in the new Star Wars movie. I'm guessing because her real-life mom is Carrie Fisher.

Holy poo poo.

Also, well, I'm actually glad they went with an ending that actually just made sense (and executed it perfectly) rather than "how weird can we get?" It seems maybe even like it was an intentional "people know us Murphy for out of nowhere and weird plot poo poo, let's try and prove that doesn't have to always happen".

If the season 2 rumor is true, I hope the returning three are Emma Roberts, Niecy Nash, and Jamie Lee Stewart. That is the correct answer.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

precision posted:

Jamie Lee Stewart.

Who the gently caress?!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

aBagorn posted:

Who the gently caress?!

Sadly, a gis of "jaime lee Stewart" brings up nothing but pictures of Ms. Curtis. I'll never understand how google does it's magic. Once I googled something my cat said and it brought up a PDF of my mortgage agreement. What a world!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Ugh, I had to wait 2 days to watch the finale. The series was amazing, the finale was a letdown. I was really hoping for a crescendo of murder followed by a dramatic unmasking but the story just fizzled.

one sexy loser
Dec 10, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Sadly, a gis of "jaime lee Stewart" brings up nothing but pictures of Ms. Curtis. I'll never understand how google does it's magic. Once I googled something my cat said and it brought up a PDF of my mortgage agreement. What a world!

Hey so can I have an update on your awesome cats ?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

one sexy loser posted:

Hey so can I have an update on your awesome cats ?

I would love to tell you what's happening on General Catpital but typing on a tablet is a nuisance. Just call me if you have any general interest questions 6144001032; I'm very chatty. In all fairness, I'm going to an Amish porcupine farm this afternoon where you can feed them for 10 bucks so I might be busy feeding porcupines.

Edit: I don't really understand the point of a porcupine farm. How big a market is there for porcupines? Are their quills of value?

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 11, 2015

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Now I can post in here without tv detectives spoilering stuff like me, I want to ask if anyone knows what the red devil mask reminds me of. I'm going to be real vague in the hopes that someone else has thought the same thing, but it reminds me of something from a kids tv show I think, just the facial expression of the mask. The original thing wasn't red, it would have been a white person's colour but it could have been a mask...or not?

So vague but maybe everyone's already been talking about it and someone will know exactly what I'm on about. I'll probably just end up never knowing what I've been trying to figure out since I saw it first.

e: It's mostly in the lips, whatever it is.

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 11, 2015

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

sharktamer posted:

Now I can post in here without tv detectives spoilering stuff like me, I want to ask if anyone knows what the red devil mask reminds me of. I'm going to be real vague in the hopes that someone else has thought the same thing, but it reminds me of something from a kids tv show I think, just the facial expression of the mask. The original thing wasn't red, it would have been a white person's colour but it could have been a mask...or not?

So vague but maybe everyone's already been talking about it and someone will know exactly what I'm on about. I'll probably just end up never knowing what I've been trying to figure out since I saw it first.

e: It's mostly in the lips, whatever it is.

The V for Vendetta mask?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Lord Krangdar posted:

The V for Vendetta mask?

That was exactly what I was gonna guess, the Guy Fawkes mask.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Hexadecimal, from ReBoot?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Waluigi?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Finale was great. Lea Michele is great. Please get renewed and, please, bequeath Emma Roberts upon us once more, O Evil Lord Murphy.

Amen.

e: and please make season two an acid trip with Hexadecimal from ReBoot as the killer, amenx2

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
That finale was the worst but I also kind of enjoyed it but also hated it.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I think the show would have ended better if they had killed off some of the girls in the last few episodes. Having everybody live, including the Red Devil (who killed a bunch of people) and the dean (who murdered her husband in cold blood because he left her for someone younger) seems kinda lovely.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I think the show would have ended better if they had killed off some of the girls in the last few episodes. Having everybody live, including the Red Devil (who killed a bunch of people) and the dean (who murdered her husband in cold blood because he left her for someone younger) seems kinda lovely.

As much as I liked the implication Hester killed the poo poo out of the Chanels, I also kind of don't mind them leaving it open because who knows if season two will really be a new setting or not at this point. If we have to do another season with these characters I'm glad the ones who survivdd did. But going fresh is a better plan and I hope they stick to it.

The finale was dumb as gently caress but so enjoyable I didn't care. It was obvious Hester was tub baby for so long that I'm really glad they didn't randomly make it someone else. I think the way the finale played out was worth it for that Lea Michele narration alone, really, and that ridiculous scene with Hester and Munsch.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

wormil posted:

The series was amazing, the finale was a letdown.

Agreed. There were some good bits, but a few of the jokes fell flat for me and the actual story resolution was pretty uninteresting. Also, way too much Grace and Pete and Grace's dad.

If the thing about the next season having three returning cast members is true, I hope it's Emma Roberts, Glen Powell and Billie Lourd.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The whole last episode being about how Hester got one over on everyone was kind of lame and they probably should've just worked that into the last bit of the episode before it so it wouldn't be so drawn out but overall I thought the finale was fine.

One thing I am bothered by was how Hester killed Pete by jumping out of the closet, but at the end of the previous episode he looks in the closet and only the costume is there (no one in it). Kind of a cheap death but oh well. His story about joining the Red Devils was dumb anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Duke posted:

The whole last episode being about how Hester got one over on everyone was kind of lame and they probably should've just worked that into the last bit of the episode before it so it wouldn't be so drawn out but overall I thought the finale was fine.

One thing I am bothered by was how Hester killed Pete by jumping out of the closet, but at the end of the previous episode he looks in the closet and only the costume is there (no one in it). Kind of a cheap death but oh well. His story about joining the Red Devils was dumb anyway.

He always had a creepy vibe and weird close ups, but yeah they never capitalized on it much before revealing at the very end he was a killer. I think the biggest downside to the finale was the front halves of both taking up so much exposition.

Though I would rather have a full episode of Hester expositing than half of one with Pete doing it.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I'm glad Pete died. He seriously bummed me out whenever he was on screen, because it meant one of the awesome characters wasn't.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

HairyNipple! posted:

I'm glad Pete died.

And he won't appear in Season 2! Hopefully.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pete's "NO GRACE YOU HAVE TO STAY WHILE I EXPLAIN THE SHOW TO YOU" scene was the only thing I didn't like about the finale, or Hell, maybe even the whole season.

Billie Lourd looking happy as hell that she had become a famous criminal like her dad was probably my favorite thing about the finale. Also drat I can't believe I didn't notice how similar she looks to her mom until after I learned who her mom is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Pete's "NO GRACE YOU HAVE TO STAY WHILE I EXPLAIN THE SHOW TO YOU" scene was the only thing I didn't like about the finale, or Hell, maybe even the whole season.

Billie Lourd looking happy as hell that she had become a famous criminal like her dad was probably my favorite thing about the finale. Also drat I can't believe I didn't notice how similar she looks to her mom until after I learned who her mom is.

Yeah, Chanel #3 vamping during the trial was glorious.

• Locked thread