Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

Has anyone ever done an alignment change mechanic where the player is told that a recruitment attempt has been made and they're given a choice whether or not to join? I feel like that's a little balance there, the scum won't know for certain that they'll be successful, someone who turns down recruitment can claim that in thread or lie about it, and I know there have been games where the town has been so awful that I've wished I had the option of switching sides.

No, but that would fit in well with the flavor of the alignment-change game I'm thinking of running several games down my idea queue. Hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I wonder if the rapidly-spiraling need for replacements in nearly every game is something where we should just start turning down all requests and then modkilling people for not posting. Games don't fill up, then by the time they do, people's schedules are hosed, so they need to replace out...I dunno. I'm just spitballing.

I do think we don't modkill enough, though. I took some time last night, in preparation for setting up my next game, to retroactively do a moddoc for the first game I ever ran, which ended up being slightly more difficult than expected, since I deleted most of the PMs from that game. In that game, I had a player who just up and vanished come day three. They got sacked at nightfall and the game continued just fine. What really almost derailed it was Christmas.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jedit posted:

No, what we need to do is start blacklisting people who regularly need replacing without giving a good reason.

Have we ever had a game of Quantum Mafia here? I have the tools and would be interested in giving it a go.

pretty wolfy imo

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

What's everyone's favorite mid-size (13 to 17 people) setup? I want to run Epsilon Plus's Burgandy 1996 Buick Park Avenue Mafia to commemmorate my lovely car, since it has become too expensive to maintain and I need to get a new one.

I like rolling C9++ until something not completely moronic comes up.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

use your words

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I have enough trouble tracking 12 other players, gently caress even trying to track 49 others (or 24 others I don't know how these things work)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Hi, friends!

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'm slowly coming out of my shell again, and I have a promise to keep. A big promise.

[Mafia] CYOS: Revenge of the Synth (The 80s)

Promise kept. There's no way this game ends well for anyone.

I am literally furious I missed this.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

I hear it ended poorly

That sucks.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

NYC `77, a C9++ setup game and sequel to Hotel California `76, is now open for players.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772357

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Just for shits and giggles, I have launched David Sanborn Must Be Stopped.

A few slots still remain.