Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Captain Foo posted:

other jargon that may be helpful to new players: the "flip" is when a player dies and the mod reveals their alignment. such a player is said to be "flipped." This often the only way alignment is truly confirmed. "Claim" is word that has specific meaning in a game, it means to identify what your own role is. A "softclaim" is an allusion to having a role, a "hardclaim" is specifically saying that you have a role.

Perhaps a vocab section in the OP would be useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really liked the cult mechanic in my first game - Exakt Science's Skyrim Mafia. It may have been skewed towards scum bc town didn't know there were 2 cults, let alone even 1.

It was a super fun game and an awesome win, even though Rarity and I didn't manage to recruit even one person until like the last day or two.

That game really was massively unbalanced. Town didn't know enough about the setup and the town SK they were given was too easy to set up as a, well an SK. At the same time I borked up every recruit attempt so they could have had it way worse and I did love that the mechanic let Meinberg gift me the win and then me to recruit him so he got it too :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chili, can you presign me for this please? I was always bummed I joined after the last one was finished.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Something I've been thinking lately is the always execute every day rule.

I know the math on it, but that doesn't take into account the actual reads you have on people. There's been a few times where I've been in games close to the deadline and people only have a few viable picks for votes and people vote somebody that don't really think is scum but instead vote because there needs to be an execution. This creates a really easy situation for scum to vote without responsibility. Additionally, if your read was worth a drat in the first place you're down a town you wouldn't be if you didn't just shrug and vote with the crowd.

What are the thoughts on this?

I totally agree with this. If you're convinced that someone is town then don't vote to lynch them. It's better to no lynch than lynch town and at the end of the day you're not the only person who can drop the hammer so you're only responsible for what you do. Even though it sometimes bites me in the rear end I'm still willing to take a stand to protect someone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

Is there ever value for having a death miller in a game? Trying to brainstorm, and I don't really see any tactical advantage in a game's balance for it. Is it just mod fuckery?

It's the easiest way of tasting those sweet mafia player tears

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poison Mushroom posted:

Who would play Quote Mafia, where your role is a prolific mafia player, and you can only text-communicate by quoting a post of that player's, or parts of a quote?

I've been wanting to play a game with a voluntary PR where all my posts are quotes from derp but I just haven't found the right game yet :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jedit posted:

Sigh ... I need a replacement for Quantum Mafia - Rarity broke her wrist and needs to sub out. Still Night 0, nothing done yet.

Sorry! I hope it goes well, it sounds like an awesome concept!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Personally, I'd be up for playing in a small game alongside Ecco's. A lot of us play in more than one game at a time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

Speaking of replacements, we probably need at least one, maybe even two in the big games Asiina and I are hosting

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759141

eager for anyone to step up!

Put me in, coach! I can just be in the other thread this time :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Allen Wren posted:

I am literally furious I missed this.

I hear it ended poorly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010