Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I have a really good idea for an alignment change based game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I mean yeah but come on I've been talking for a while about opening a game today.

You also almost always have a game running though right? I think the community can support a few games taking sign ups, even if it doesn't happen instantly.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Something I've been thinking lately is the always execute every day rule.

I know the math on it, but that doesn't take into account the actual reads you have on people. There's been a few times where I've been in games close to the deadline and people only have a few viable picks for votes and people vote somebody that don't really think is scum but instead vote because there needs to be an execution. This creates a really easy situation for scum to vote without responsibility. Additionally, if your read was worth a drat in the first place you're down a town you wouldn't be if you didn't just shrug and vote with the crowd.

What are the thoughts on this?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On the other hand voting for information is bad too.

At the start if the next day you know some people were so strongly convinced of Capps innocence that they wouldn't vote. Those people then have a need to explain why and who should be voted for instead. You can move on. Obviously it shouldn't be done frivolously but I disagree that there's never a place for it.

I guess one of the implied things I'm complaining about is late day pushes without much previous content to work with.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've got some good roles in my back pocket, but I never want to talk about them until they've seen play because I think some roles benefit from surprise.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think that tends to happen with quirky mechanics like that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like the cop you can't nk could give trouble there but u guess I'll have to look at that more.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I meant because of the backups, not the doc.

The answer is that the scum team roleblocks the cop every night but it still feels wonky.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I'm having an issue with votefinder. On the votecount tab, it's stuck on unresolved votes. If I choose any option from the dropdown, nothing happens. I've hit update and it will work for that instance, but if I go back to the webpage later it will be stuck on the unresolved votes again.

Huh, votefinder is broken now and I can mess with it anymore. Thanks

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

nah I was joking around.

Although technically, I'm paying you guys,

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Not taking sign ups, but I forgot to throw a link to Milton, which might be an interesting read

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BLACKBOXBLACKBOX
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860695

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Please pm for the chance to join my new game: Brockton 8.

This game will take place entirely on discord, where you will be provided with an anonymous account to play.

E: Yes, this is a mafia game

Jump King fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 19, 2018

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I need a replacement for my anonymous game! Please message me if you're interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anybody can enjoy a good game, you have to have a highly refined palette to enjoy mafia.