Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

That was Secret Invasion! Scum got to flip a townie instead of the nk every other night. It kinda made the game unwinnable for town.

Ernie was a public daycop who had outed a scum, so he was very strongly confirmed as town, and him getting flipped to scum was really unfair. He became an insane public daycop when flipped. :v:

Kumbamontu posted:

I think a single person being able to change their alignment is fine as long as they're made aware of the possibility in advance, but in general I think alignment changes en masse are not likely to be a good idea due to reasons already stated

An example role of one person changing alignments was the Chameleon role I used in Lizards Mafia, wherein Ernie would, upon being targeted by any role, PGO-kill the person who targeted him and steal their role and alignment

I think it worked out pretty well but it's a role that adds quite a bit of swing to a setup for sure

Every time I have switched alignments I have won the game. It's just crazy overpowered because I usually have a somewhat strong town game and end up doing "impossible for scum" moves. Therefore, alignment switches should not be kept secret from town. The op should state 'a theoretical max of 1 alignment switch will happen in this game' that way the town can wifom their way into correct lunches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Chili posted:

I was debating running another one of these, but I really do need a book keeper/master of coin type of person.

We raised something like a thousand dollars for charity last time. If anyone would be so bold as to volunteer for such a role I would happily donate 50 bucks to the charity of their choosing.

Edit; poo poo now I really want to run this thing again and am going to be begin writing some stuff. Someone volunteer yo! I'm a swell guy to chat with.

What does a master of coin need? A PayPal account and a good sense of organization?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Chili posted:

Mostly the latter.

It's pretty straightforward, but yeah there's a fair bit to keep track of.

You wouldn't actually handle any money. Donations are tracked by people forwarding along receipts, people can donate to any charity they like. Once a person shows proof of donation they earn that many dollars to spend in the item shop.

Where it all gets tricky is that people make requests for items to be delivered at strategic times. Honestly, I just need coverage, another person to keep an eye out and someone else to get receipts forwarded to them so there's no confusion. I'd also really like for someone else to set up the spread sheet to optimize it for efficiency cause I doubt I'm very good at that.

Savvy?

Savvy. I'll keep my phone notifications on for however long the game takes.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Votefinder and the Archives Upgrade.

Honestly, I might just make Post Restriction Mafia and make that a PR.

make it transformers mafia and make that bumblebee's role