Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Chili posted:

I was debating running another one of these, but I really do need a book keeper/master of coin type of person.

We raised something like a thousand dollars for charity last time. If anyone would be so bold as to volunteer for such a role I would happily donate 50 bucks to the charity of their choosing.

Edit; poo poo now I really want to run this thing again and am going to be begin writing some stuff. Someone volunteer yo! I'm a swell guy to chat with.

its Chili!!! If you run any games I'm down to join.

Also guys my game is "full" but if you want to participate its just sort of a running participation sort of Mystery game so just catch yourself up and hang out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
With that being said, I might as well announce something I've wanted to announce for months now that will be taking place on Discord as well.

Crime Scene, a game for 6 players that will be used only through Discord and voice chat. It will not be finished until May or late April probably, but I will begin a vetting process of choosing 6 people that really want to be in it and actual put forth effort when they're in. Also if you're shy or not talkative, it probably won't go very well. If you're interested, send me a PM of when you are free on most days and I will get back to you within a week with some questions and then eventually we'll set up a day to get all players in at the same time. (The entire game will probably only take about 1-2 hours, still working out the kinks.)

I'll also need somebody to help me out as a "mod" or "assistant" if you're interested.

I would also highly recommend watching Crime Scene before signing up if you would like to play. The premise of the game is going to be very similar, and it's just a great loving show. I'd recommend Season 2 because I like the set up better and that's how mine will be.

SIGNUPS HERE AS WELL

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 8, 2016

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

Wow Ninth, thank you for the feedback! I will keep that in mind! There are a lot of excellent setup tips in there.

To add onto TNL, everything can seem "inbalanced" if things go exactly how you don't want them to go, so scrutinizing every role and how it will impact the game is fruitless at times. I think you or anybody that has played mafia can narrow it down to a point where you're in the ballpark of a good balance and cut/add from there.

Personally, I like to try to have the vanilla roles incentive laden (where they don't have powers, but they can do other cool things), while trying to give the mafia interesting / useful roles that aren't super game breaking-ly powerful. If anything, I slightly balance things towards the town as they have way less information between them starting out, and I feel like scum should work together towards a win. But I try to make it where it's a snowball effect in that if the scum play a really solid 4-5 game days, it isn't unraveled by one lynching of them. Of course, some of that is on the players as well.

I also try to throw in two experimental roles in each game that I've either completely made myself, or seen other people use only once or twice before and tweak it, because it's fun to see if new roles could work out for future games and how they play out in the grand scheme of things.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Westworld, a game for 20 players is now recruiting. My first modded game back after taking almost 3 years off. Come join!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dark Hospital III is live.

15 players, come join a rare DBD game for fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia: is live!. This is a nightless, all vanilla mason game for 12 players (setup from the Legends of the Hidden Temple games). Saw a lot of bigger games up/going up but wanted to make a smaller one encouraging newer players to join (who have first dibs), but obviously anybody is welcome to sign up! Please don't sign up if you're a shitposter/low content/effort poster. I don't think the community has that many posters anymore but there was a time where I got burnt out because nobody took games seriously or just 2/3rds of the game lurked, so I will hand pick players if it comes to that!

This is based off of one of my favorite setups (from 50/TNL) I've always wanted to run with all vanilla, 8 town 4 scum, 6 teams of masons setup from the famed Legends games~