Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

N++ is the final and definitive iteration of the series which helped to usher in the modern era of hardcore running and jumping.

In this fast-paced, action-packed puzzle platformer set in a distant 2D future, you play as a ninja -- darting through obstacles, narrowly evading a slew of inadvertently homicidal enemy robots, and collecting gold in a minimalist, sci-fi world. You know, traditional ninja stuff.

To put it simply, this is a minimalist platforming game heavy on momentum and physics. If you liked Super Meat Boy, you'll probably like this game as well. It focuses on fantastic control and controller feel paired with a bold aesthetic.

Launch Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFl3zU56-e0

N++ is available on the Playstation Store for $19.99. They are likely to port the game to PC as well at some point.

August 2016 Update:: They have in fact released on steam. I added some codes at the bottom here. Steam page link here.

To kick this off, here are some North American download codes. My cousin and his partner are the developers and were nice enough to provide these (thread has mod approval). If there is interest, they can provide some Euro codes also so if you'd like some let me know.

----

New batch of NA codes - this time they're in reverse order in case somehow the last ones were snatched by bots. Just enter these in character by character backwards to front.

----

Sept 27 edit: he's giving you bastards more codes. These are reversed like last time. Enter them in reverse order.

EU
TCEE-6NKK-4HRC
R243-TNDP-7RGL
AR72-7NTM-6ECG
6LD7-GNKN-322K
E84A-TNT9-3TRH

Aug 2016 edit:

Game is released on PC - here are some steam download codes. They're in reverse order.

CP8AG-XQID0-NVI4P
KHVG7-K4ZIM-BMEH0
M5WC6-D5LXW-K94JD
PW07Y-JAQJ6-V4P22

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The codes seem to have been taken by lurkers.

Still, that's cool. N+ was fun.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

quote:

New batch of NA codes - this time they're in reverse order in case somehow the last ones were snatched by bots. Just enter these in character by character backwards to front.

85T9-TNDT-23FP
G776-ENAB-QJ2M
GC4H-LN76-97BE <-- I used this one
CD5B-6NT8-KFMH

Cool, thanks!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

VelociBacon posted:

85T9-TNDT-23FP

Snagged this one, thanks!

I played the original N back in.... a frighteningly long time ago, gosh. Never got anywhere near finishing it, of course, but totally fun times.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 25, 2015

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

CD5B-6NT8-KFMH

Thank you Sir!

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
I'm interested in Euro codes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

VelociBacon posted:

R43T-RN53-FDAB
i think i got this one. its listed in purchase history but not in my download list so ill see if i can actually play it when i get home tonight. thanks for posting the codes either way :)

Soral
May 30, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

G776-ENAB-QJ2M

i took this. thank you very much.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
This is a good game. I've only played 10 or so hours since I bought it at release, but I expect to be playing it intermittently until I no longer have a PS4 hooked up to my TV in 2023 or whatever

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just played the first few episodes. cool game. i like leaderboard games where you can see your friends replays. lots of good looking community levels too

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
Come on, Euro it up son.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Jim Flatline posted:

Come on, Euro it up son.

I'll shoot an email off today letting them know there's interest.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
This game is a billion times better than that turd Meat Boy. It's probably the best platformer ever made. Everyone should play it.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Oh man, I played the original N to full completion, it was a great game! I don't have a PS4, so I'll be patiently awaiting (and hoping) there's a PC port this time (unlike N+).

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Will be posting some euro codes and more NA codes soon. Just at work.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

VelociBacon posted:

Will be posting some euro codes and more NA codes soon. Just at work.

My body is ready.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Added codes.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I'll wait for the PC release or skip it.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

JK46-PN4B-6GDG

Used this one, thanks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VelociBacon posted:

NA

BJ84-ANLB-G4DF

took dis one. thanks for the free ninjas

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

quote:

DCJL-TNKB-FJNA

Got this one - N fuckin' ruled and I just got my Ps4, this is neat!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

quote:

598R-AN98-5CAE
Took this one! I loved N back in...middle school, jesus, and N+ ruled too. Looking forward to playing!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I remember playing the Flash version of this back in high-school.
I nabbed the R243-TNDP-7RGL EU code.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I took HH7N-CNG4-RK9K thanks to you and your developer friends.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

6LD7-GNKN-322K
Took this one, Hope this game does well for the devs. I used to hang out in their forums and IRC. Hell some of my levels got used on the last PC release

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
Sigh, I never seem to make it out on time for the codes.

Looks like a great game tho.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Holy gently caress i am rusty, probably throwing up a stream once i get home. My twitch account is azmilionsa i think, maybe tool around in the editor for a while.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

So apparently they're going to try to get this on steam. If it goes to Greenlight I'll let you guys know.

Someone let me know if the codes are all bombed out and i'll edit them from the OP.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

VelociBacon posted:

So apparently they're going to try to get this on steam. If it goes to Greenlight I'll let you guys know.

Someone let me know if the codes are all bombed out and i'll edit them from the OP.

I had no luck with the codes in the NA.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Bought this the second it went live a few months back, but thanks for the codes on behalf of the thread!

Great game, and especially great soundtrack. I went to the trouble of compiling all the individual releases into a pseudo soundtrack album on my own, since I know an official release is probably impossible. It was very tough.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--2n7ynDxiY

So this took me about 20 minutes to do. The leaderboards aren't what they used to be on N on PC. people seem to be aiming for gotta go fast, not gotta get all the gold and go fast.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Posting to let you guys know this is now available on Steam. I have some more codes for you guys, check the bottom of the OP. Enter them in reverse and let me know when you've taken one.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Oh cool, I snagged the third one.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

They're all gone, thanks for posting those. I really hope the game does better on PC, I remember hearing that the console version greatly undersold what they were shooting for.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Fawf posted:

They're all gone, thanks for posting those. I really hope the game does better on PC, I remember hearing that the console version greatly undersold what they were shooting for.

updated the OP, thanks.

Yeah apparantly it's doing better on steam.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Oh! A pc version is great news

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Hey, op. I was too probated to post about it, but I snagged the fourth Steam code. Been a big fan of the series since way back, and its good as hell to be playing it again.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

VelociBacon posted:

updated the OP, thanks.

Yeah apparantly it's doing better on steam.

I mean, the game started on PC and this subgenre's always kind of had its home on PC (between romhacks, freeware stuff like I Wanna Be The Guy/Jumper 2/etc, and the recent wave of indie platformers) so I'm not super surprised

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
This game deserves more praise. I could never get into N but played the gently caress out of N+ on the Xbox 360. Cannot wait to upload levels that at first seem innocuous but are full of traps. Man I love door traps hidden behind those floaty blocks.

loving buy this you nerds, it is amazing.

You might want to update the thread title to trumpet about the PC release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I haven't played N since my last shot at messing with the old freeware. Time to once again play roughly 1/4 of N , and then :negative: about the rest of the levels.

• Locked thread