Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

the game owns and the whale is very powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

The smoke also refreshes his recovery. If your up b ends in smoke you can use it again for free. Also activating the clone gives you roughly a marth side-b amount of horizontal momentum so combining smoke into your stage positioning will be pretty important I think. I really like that little gnoll.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

It might be a cool idea to compile a list of some of the more nuanced tricks that each character is capable of. I'm slowly discovering a bunch of things as I mess around.

Orcane: His fair has extreme DI, more than normal, you can really travel fast and far if you want. His back during the fair animation is a hitbox that appears to have knockback proportional to distance and/or speed. It can definitely kill very early if you are going fast. He can also seemingly cancel his jump into his up-b and vice versa. This only works when he doesnt have a puddle out, but produces a very insane super jump when done properly. Its too risky for me to bother with, but its a cool tech.

Forsburn: His clone is a positionally aware AI. You have no control over the movement, it will always try to seek out the enemy and approach it when it is not given a command. Every time you press side-b it will check where the opponent is compared to where it is, and try to use the move that will do the most damage from that position. You can use this to essentially choose what moves it will do. Just spamming side-b as soon as it comes out will make it repeatedly use the dash-attack (which combos into itself a few times, conveniently) however if you wait to press side-b until it is very close to the enemy, it will begin to spam up-tilts instead. It's cool and fun, mess with it.

I'll add some stuff for the other characters later but I'm gonna play now instead of typing more.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

this is basically a nearly perfect multiplayer gameplay experience that someone vomited vague poke-furries onto and then recorded someone like rifling through stacks of paper and tearing tissue boxes for the sound effects. even the music is pretty much extremely rote and mindless. its a marvel that it is so incredibly fun and addictive to play. Imagine what someone could accomplish if they simply emulated melee mechanics with a real budget and art direction and an actual composer.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i will say that the terrible character designs did scale down nicely into sprites. though as many have noted, the quality difference between some of them is pretty major.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

the eighth character was found in a sprite sheet, its an armored polar bear. here he is compared to the rest of the sprites, he is very large and i assume he will be strong and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

its very likely to be a deadzone issue, if you spend some time messing with the sticks in x360ce you should be able to make it perfect.

• Locked thread