Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Every character is fun so far. I mained Falco/Falcon in Smash, and Wrastor's my wingman currently (heh) but I'm enjoying all of them. Each of them has a few things from a couple smash characters, and then a few new things. So they're close enough for me to pick them up and feel fairly comfortable, but different enough to make it interesting. The combos are very brutal. More like 64 than Melee. Your best defense is usually to attack. I consider this a good thing. The elements they've taken from Smash characters tend to be aggressive ones, not campy ones. Wrastor has many of Falco's and Metaknight's best offensive tools basically, and lacks Falco's campy laser and Metaknight's cape--the things about the characters that slowed down the game and forced opponents to play more defensively as well. Maypul similarly reminds me a lot of Shiek and Zero Suit Samus, but lacks the needles, chainthrows, stupid range. She is basically forced to approach and use her speed to inflict combos rather than to bait mistakes and camp. It's much more fun.

Supposedly the 8th will be ice-based. And I have heard rumors they want to have 4 more characters in the long term after release. So that's good.

I can't say enough good things about this game though. It's like someone read my mind about what I wished Smash were more like and then made that exact game.

Bodyholes fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread