Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
i always laugh really loud when i get the font size off by 3 orders of magnitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

hail jesus

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Winkle-Daddy posted:

my graph went horribly wrong :(

⬆ blood
➡ blood

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I hate when I have to remake plots because I mislabled an axis and I'm too much of a perfectionist to let that stand.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

I hate when I have to remake plots because I mislabled an axis and I'm too much of a perfectionist to let that stand.

it's worse when you don't realize it until after you already copied it into the powerpoint and positioned it just so

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ChiralCondensate posted:

it's worse when you don't realize it until after you already copied it into the powerpoint and positioned it just so

I was just doing this! Luckily I have a standardized output size (because having all your graphs the same size looks nice) so I just remade it then replaced the image and didn't have to move it around again.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Scrub-tier. The pros are making their root macros output direct to their latex beamer figs directory, with stdout producing latex-formatted tables. Also, Stereotype, cockplots needs to be up in here:

and for my own submission:

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkingBarfish posted:

Scrub-tier. The pros are making their root macros output direct to their latex beamer figs directory, with stdout producing latex-formatted tables. Also, Stereotype, cockplots needs to be up in here:

and for my own submission:

sorry but people who use beamer are the worst people

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

ChiralCondensate posted:

:allears:

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a whole time-person-of-the-year better than you

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

goldmine

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

SPIKE SENT

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Something has gone terribly wrong

open university webapps are all terrible and never work. It took nearly 10 minutes to generate this abortion

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ChiralCondensate posted:

actually the people who wrote beamer are the worst people

it's like everything latex, if you put in the effort it looks way better than most of the alternatives, but you'd better be ready to spend hours on stackexchange and wikis figuring out exactly what stupid loving custom, undocumented options you need to use for your super specific application (of putting a figure in the right place)

for instance, this looks like garbage because it came from matlab but at least i didn't have to deal with pgfplots

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol if you don't use matplotlib with seaborn

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bloody posted:

lol if you don't use matplotlib with seaborn

lol I use my own bespoke c# plotting library

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

bump

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

stupid loving custom, undocumented options you need to use for your super specific application (of putting a figure in the right place)

lmao at the idea of ever managing to get a latex figure in teh right place

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

thank you I like this thread.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I do... too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i was telling my dad about you tonight steroetype.. he asked me if i watned to vist ant-artica..

i told him i met a dude off the internet

he freaked for a biut

I told him I brought my kids

he was sweating

nah he asnt freaked but you were unwittingly the central character in a sotry I told literally this day. I then drank all their beer and walked home

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

shameful amount of overshoot imo

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

shameful not-fedora linux too

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

i was telling my dad about you tonight steroetype.. he asked me if i watned to vist ant-artica..

i told him i met a dude off the internet

he freaked for a biut

I told him I brought my kids

he was sweating

nah he asnt freaked but you were unwittingly the central character in a sotry I told literally this day. I then drank all their beer and walked home

Lol that is amazing. I am very glad I met up with you down there, it was fun and a good story.

I'll probably be back next summer season, I really want to be Dr Stereotype by then too (because they put it on your USAP nametag)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice :thumb:

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

finally living up to your avatar

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

is it bad that i saw four panels and immediately tried to work out if it was loss.jpg?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sweevo posted:

is it bad that i saw four panels and immediately tried to work out if it was loss.jpg?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
arousal in horses following simulated coitus

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Thanks to bloody for introducing me to seaborn

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

linear regression looking good. tight. lean. please continue to post your good, tight linear regressions here

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
cool graffs

• Locked thread