Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hold on a second

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

hurr durr, im real funny from gbs cooking forum people are dumb spergs and none of them are real chefs who deal with this poo poo on a daily basis HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i was just about to apologize because i was also rude back to you and you were right and i was wrong but instead you were just a loving tool bag about it

also i'm not 'from gbs' you dolt. gbs is a forum i post on. i also post a fair amount in GWS. i post even more in LAN. just because you dont like things i say doesnt mean im some 'foreign invader'

and thats actually the mentality that makes you a sperg, not your knowledge about cooking. think about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Macasaurus posted:

my boss wanted an extra large batch of stone soup and I was fine until I started using the extra large cauldron and gramma's measurin spoons

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

hurr durr, im real funny from gbs cooking forum people are dumb spergs and none of them are real chefs who deal with this poo poo on a daily basis HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You should take a few minutes in the walk-in to cool off.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
GWS should have a rule that whenever ur addressing the OP u have to call them chef like in a real kitchen!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kenning posted:

I don't think you can cook, gnarlyhotep. I don't know why you come here.

To be honest (having worked in kitchens) I don't think 50-80% of this subforum can cook

That's why we're here though to learn you know?

Way to make a callout thread. I think the mods should maybe institute a rule where if you say 'X can't cook' you have to then cook something and post a picture of it for judgement within 24 hours or get probated for a few days.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Moridin920 posted:

To be honest (having worked in kitchens) I don't think 50-80% of this subforum can cook

Way to make a callout thread. I think the mods should maybe institute a rule where if you say 'X can't cook' you have to then cook something and post a picture of it for judgement within 24 hours or get probated for a few days.

thats a loving awesome idea

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
That's an unwritten rule around here, has been for years. Not 24 hours though, most of us have jobs. Usually posted in the form of a callout thread.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I'm disappointed I missed all the fun, but I love an old-fashioned call-out thread.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Moridin920 posted:

Kenning posted:

You choose the theme/ingredient, and number of courses. I'll post my meal this weekend. You have a week after that. One requirement though – it's a meal for 5 or more.

I wanna see if he can cook with as much subtle dexterity as he displays in tossing out weak 5 year old burns. If I don't hear back from him by tonight I'll be forced to declare my own theme, since I'll need to go shopping after work tomorrow if I want to be able to cook on Sunday and fulfill my end of the challenge.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Kenning posted:

I wanna see if he can cook with as much subtle dexterity as he displays in tossing out weak 5 year old burns. If I don't hear back from him by tonight I'll be forced to declare my own theme, since I'll need to go shopping after work tomorrow if I want to be able to cook on Sunday and fulfill my end of the challenge.

You should make the theme be "lime and cilantro" challenge it would really give this thread a "latin" kick!

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
This is unironically a really good thread

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kenning posted:

Alright well now this thread is bookmarked.

Have fun and make something cool!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Why is Susan Boyle cooking in that pic--what a zany Brit

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

gently caress yeah challenge!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Alright, I think I've given him enough time to respond but it looks like gnarly is instead going to take the path of being a subby bitch. Therefore, I declare the theme:

Butter (perhaps measured in tablespoons), Eggs (not frozen), and Cilantro and Lime (for a "Latin" kick).

The parameters: 3 dishes and a drink. You can do courses if you like (app, entree, dessert) or just like 3 tapas. All 4 ingredients must be featured, and each dish + the drink must feature at least one of the ingredients. Also, per my initial post, this must be prepared for yourself and at least 4 other people, to prove that there are other human beings that love you.

I intend to make my meal on Sunday, and will attempt to post my thread by Sunday night (Monday at the latest). gnarlyhotep will have one week after my thread goes up to post his response, after which he will have forfeited his attempt and shall be declared a wiener. If he actually picks up what I'm throwing down, there will be a poll thread to declare a winner based on the merits of their meal. At that point the loser will face whatever consequences are deemed appropriate by the responsible parties.

Allez cuisine!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Not to quibble with the rules (especially as I am not involved in the challenge), but cooking for oneself and "at least four other people" is a really awkward number... It should be three, to make it a minimum of dinner for four.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I initially called him out to cook for at least 5, but I was a bit drunk at the time. I just wanna make sure it's a social occasion, so he can prove he has friends as well.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Come on Gnarly, step on up. Let's see that chef game.
You wouldn't want everyone to think that you're

gnarlyhotep posted:

both stupid and worthless at the same time
, would you?

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Ill do some cooking this Monday, because most of us cant cook in this sub-forum. Im a wine guy, so it should be even.

Changed day, I have to be at a baptism and meet my distributors on Sunday.

Secret Spoon fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 26, 2015

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I am rather of the disposition right now that Gnarlyhotep has no intention of partaking in this challenge. Which, in my view, would make him a person who habitually pretends to be something that he is not while galumphing around in these forums.

Not that Gnarlyhotep would care much about my view of him, that is not the nature of the poseur.

So dear Gnarlyhotep - we've seen you ruffling your tail feathers, standing tall and proud like the other peacocks, but will you actually have any kind of follow-through, or are you really only a blister on the butt-cheek of a scorbutic forum?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Not that I don't love a callout, but do we even know if Gnarly ever even saw this thread yet? Did anyone PM him?

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
He's clearly just being a weiner!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

contrapants posted:

Not that I don't love a callout, but do we even know if Gnarly ever even saw this thread yet? Did anyone PM him?

MODS KNEW

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
gnarlyhotep is a punkass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
*ahem*

hi im from gbs and i came here to post. am i in the right place?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You can post wherever you'd like to, friend.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

can i cook for gnarly but with none of the reprocussions and before you answer that how do you guys feel about kraft dinner

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

social vegan posted:

can i cook for gnarly but with none of the reprocussions and before you answer that how do you guys feel about kraft dinner

I'm most certainly doing beginner level poo poo.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Kenning posted:

I don't think you can cook, gnarlyhotep. I don't know why you come here. Mindphlux can shitpost, but his food looks amazing and at least half of the time he's saying something smart or funny.

So let's go. I'll eat a ban if I lose if you want. I don't really need you to forfeit anything – winning will be satisfaction enough. You choose the theme/ingredient, and number of courses. I'll post my meal this weekend. You have a week after that. One requirement though – it's a meal for 5 or more. I like cooking most when I'm cooking for my friends. I suggest you make the rounds of your local ASPCA to round up your dinner companions.

Of course I can't cook, whatever gave you the idea that I could? Are you saying that cooking ability is required to post in this forum? Well then good job upholding your negative stereotype, poo poo satchel.

I'm not going to choose jack crap as I just do not care enough. However, if there is something you want me to attempt to cook, I'll give it a shot.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

Of course I can't cook, whatever gave you the idea that I could? Are you saying that cooking ability is required to post in this forum? Well then good job upholding your negative stereotype, poo poo satchel.

I'm not going to choose jack crap as I just do not care enough. However, if there is something you want me to attempt to cook, I'll give it a shot.

i think you should cook jello

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

gnarlyhotep posted:

You're a very poor sport. From looking at your posts history you also seem like a rather unhappy and unpleasant person. You should chill out. Have fun in a fun thread instead of getting angry!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

To meaningfully contribute to the comedy cooking forum you should probably be able to cook, or interested in learning, or clever or funny.

Props for accepting the challenge though, I hope you follow through, and continue to be a good sport about it, as an example to your minions.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

Make 3 dishes and one drink, using the ingredients Butter, Egg, Lime, and Cilantro. You could make scrambled eggs, buttered toast, tacos, and a gimlet if you like, but it might be more fun to do something weirder. Each dish must use at least one of the ingredients, and each ingredient must be used in at least one dish.

My thread will be coming up soon.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

I mean, I have eaten stew you've cooked and everyone at that dinner enjoyed it. I think we could handle the strange abomination you could construct with all that.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Kenning posted:

Make 3 dishes and one drink, using the ingredients Butter, Egg, Lime, and Cilantro. You could make scrambled eggs, buttered toast, tacos, and a gimlet if you like, but it might be more fun to do something weirder. Each dish must use at least one of the ingredients, and each ingredient must be used in at least one dish.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I mean, I have eaten stew you've cooked and everyone at that dinner enjoyed it. I think we could handle the strange abomination you could construct with all that.

Thanks, Miss Fris, I'm glad you liked my stew! :)

Don't expect anything really exciting for this thing though, I plan on being as lazy with it as possible.

gnarlyhotep fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 28, 2015

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
There's the can-do spirit!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Excited to see the toast and comedy

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
lol who the gently caress is "gnarlyhotep"

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

mindphlux posted:

lol who the gently caress is "gnarlyhotep"

Some boring nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

social vegan posted:

Excited to see the toast

buttered toast, toasted egg sandwich, toast with cilantro garnish, fermented toast moonshine with lime garnish.

• Locked thread