Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
FUNNY PPL???? IN MYYYYYYY COMEDY SUBFORUM!?!!??!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
In what world does the variance in tablespoon sizes possibly ruin a recipe

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Australian tablespoon is 15lm, US is 20ml. Your australian grandma makes a Thing You Like, you work in a professional kitchen, you make it for your boss, he likes it, tells you to make 300 for a party this weekend. You then scale grandma's recipe x 300, but you're using a US tablespoon. Your recipe now has 25% MORE of everything that was originally measured in tablespoons. Your Thing is ruined, and you've wasted hundreds of dollars in food. This is why we bake in grams.

i think that unless you are in australia that this isnt an issue if theyre literally the only country that does this

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
also if literally everything is 25% more than originally intended dont you just have 25% more of the same recipe

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No, only anything that was measured in Tablespoons, loving idiot. This is why imperial measurements are stupid in baking. That was the whole point of tablespoon chat.

i think you will find that it is actually you that is the loving idiot

E: as soon as you do the math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hold on a second

hurr durr, im real funny from gbs cooking forum people are dumb spergs and none of them are real chefs who deal with this poo poo on a daily basis HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i was just about to apologize because i was also rude back to you and you were right and i was wrong but instead you were just a loving tool bag about it

also i'm not 'from gbs' you dolt. gbs is a forum i post on. i also post a fair amount in GWS. i post even more in LAN. just because you dont like things i say doesnt mean im some 'foreign invader'

and thats actually the mentality that makes you a sperg, not your knowledge about cooking. think about that.

• Locked thread