Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

To know you could have been so much more, if not for the sluggish mongol blood in your veins.

sluggish you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Zzulu posted:

Finland is like Sweden and Norway, except worse in every single way

do people from norway and sweden hate eachother too, or is it just directed towards finland?

Kleen_TheRacistDog fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 26, 2015

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

do people from norway and sweden hate eachother too, or is it just directed towards finland?

We love all mankind. Even the backstabbing bog-trolls of Finland.

(It's just we take our civilizing mission very seriously, is all. White mans burden etc.)

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

from what i know which is 100% internet banter norwegians see swedes as swedes see finns, sort of

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

You should be proud of your heritage Boob.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

A quick rundown of nature in the Nordics:

Norway: Fjords and mountains.

Sweden: Endless forest.

Denmark: Fertile farmland.

Finland:

Finns favorite DC comics hero is Swamp Thing

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Fun fact: several of Finlands many lakes are named something nasty like Dicklake or Cuntstream. According to folktales this was because of Stalin sending in cartographers into Finland to survey the countryside so he could divvy it up after he was done conquering it during the Winter War. These cartographers then asked people what the many lakes were called. People hade never needed names for the hundreds of tiny lakes and bogs that littered the country and this, in combination with anger over how Stalin was already dividing the country as If he hade won, led to people trolling the poo poo out of the mapmakers.

Many places are still named after this event.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

german men do the pissing while sitting down thing too for some reason.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Someone from Denmark once explained to me that Nordic relations are about everyone else hating the Swedes. The Swedes, being so drat aloof and sure of their superiority, actually believe that their neighbours love them and thus they have the civilizing mission of making the life of their neighbours better by being Super Lovable and... Swedish. When any other Nordic team loses out in any team sport, their fans automatically switch their support to any team that can make sure that Sweden loses out. When Sweden gets dropped, their fans switch their support... to any other Nordic team that has a shot at the gold. It's dysfunctional relationships at their best.

Basically Swedes are the Mormons of the Nordic, Finland is Wisconsin but with Minnesota weather. Denmark, being super racist, is Arizona with better beer and Norway... Norwegians are crazy Scots.

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 26, 2015

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
that's fascinating but Southern Europe is way more interesting better weather and our women are much better looking

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Naxuz posted:

Someone from Denmark once explained to me that Nordic relations are about everyone else hating the Swedes. The Swedes, being so drat aloof and sure of their superiority, actually believe that their neighbours love them and thus they have the civilizing mission of making the life of their neighbours better by being Super Lovable and... Swedish. When any other Nordic team loses out in any team sport, their fans automatically switch their support to any team that can make sure that Sweden loses out. When Sweden gets dropped, their fans switch their support... to any other Nordic team that has a shot at the gold. It's dysfunctional relationships at their best.

Basically Swedes are the Mormons of the Nordic, Finland is Wisconsin but with Minnesota weather. Denmark, being super racist, is Arizona with better beer and Norway... Norwegians are crazy Scots.

Denmark is Arizona? Was it this person from Denmark who told you that?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'm learning so much about this part of Europe today

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

good display of one of a swede's main hobbies itt

the others are feeling inferior to norwegians and being at war with the danes, though the latter has been unfashionable for some time

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its truth bombs 24 7 in gbs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

brakeless posted:

good display of one of a swede's main hobbies itt

the others are feeling inferior to norwegians and being at war with the danes, though the latter has been unfashionable for some time

Don't forget sweden trying to start a empire but getting so badly owned by the russians they got turned into crying gays.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Pon de Bundy posted:

that's fascinating but Southern Europe is way more interesting better weather and our women are much better looking

Your women are hairier than our bears. I know because I've hosed both

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Pon de Bundy posted:

I agree, garbage economies are very interesting.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Double Bill posted:

Your women are hairier than our bears. I know because I've hosed both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Southerners talk way too much. It's loving insufferable.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cold is good, numbs one to life`s pain.
Boring is less good, that`s why god gave us vodka and trees to hang nooses from.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baudolino posted:

Cold is good, numbs one to life`s pain.
Boring is less good, that`s why god gave us vodka and trees to hang nooses from.

lol

http://www.expat-finland.com/living_in_finland/finnish_jokes.html

Useful Finnish Phrases

I think you have a cute president.
Mielestäni teillä on söpö presidentti.

Is it OK if I bring my laptop into the sauna?
Käyhän että tuon kannettavani saunaan?

What is that thing sticking out of your ear?
Mikä tuo korvastasi pilkottava juttu on?

Well, how many of your uncles committed suicide this year?
No, moniko sinun sedistäsi on tehnyt itsemurhan tänä vuonna?

I'm awfully sorry... was that your ferret?
Oho! Tota noin.. Eihän se vaa ollu' sun ajokoira?

Is it true that in Finnish Christmas tradition, Santa Claus used to be a wild boar that would eat children?
Onko totta, että suomalaisessa jouluperinteessä joulupukki oli lapsia syövä villisika?

So, do you listen to a lot of black metal?
No, kuunteletkos paljon metallimusaa?

Wait... let me shave it off.
Odota, anna minun ajaa se pois.

I can eat glass. It does not hurt me at all.
Pystyn syömään lasia. Se ei koske yhtään.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The finnish Iron Age lasted until around 1400 ad until sweden took over Finland and dragged us into modernity

BombiTheZombie fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 26, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

swedes have a whites man burden complex

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

BombiTheZombie posted:

The finnish Iron Age lasted until around 1400 ad until sweden took over Finland and dragged us into modernity

we should have won nuijasota, that way we would still worship the true gods of this place

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BombiTheZombie posted:

i'm literally regressing into a feral state in the middle of a suburban area, modernity is for fascists

Triple A posted:

we should have won nuijasota, that way we would still worship the true gods of this place
what's stopping you, they sure as gently caress beat worshipping mammon

quakster fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 26, 2015

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

eSports Chaebol posted:

isnt finland just like norway and sweden in that there is nothing to do but get drunk but also booze is like 10x as expensive as everywhere else

i mean it really does sound like hell
that's why everyone has a still and is constantly tanked on akvavit or brännvin or whatever the gently caress they call it

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pon de Bundy posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When I play a Scandinavian country in Crusader Kings 2 I rarely bother to take Finland because wow it's just useless freezing bog lands that serve no purpose.

I'm sure the Finnish people are very nice, though.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

kikkelivelho posted:

You should be proud of your heritage Boob.

Like many mixed race people I've come to resent my heritage

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm not Scandinavian but the Mongolians conquered practically all of Asia and a big chunk of Europe.

Meanwhile the Swedes did... :confused:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nice, really hot, blonde bimbo, blonde bimbo, slightly less blonde bimbo, nice.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tbh I think the Swedes could have tried a little harder and had a much better showing.

:goonsay:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Naxuz posted:

Finland is Wisconsin but with Minnesota weather.

I could live with that.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
there are a bunch of Finns in the drat upper peninsula of Michigan. more than cornishmen, actually, but theyre so bland that nobody notices

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
IMO If you haven't drunkenly stumbled out of a sauna, swam across a lake, beat a snake to death with a birch stick, and returned, you haven't really lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Nobody really hates each other although the swede often needs to be taken down a peg. Finland is just weird though. Scandinavia proper shares a mutually intelligible language family, especially if there's a norwegian to middleman danish and swedish, and a close history starting at the viking age. They share a large number of traditions, cultural quirks, etc as a result even though everyone's doing their own thing.

Finland on the other hand is this odd swampland with a legit inbred people speaking a legit byzantine language. Finns are a very surly, belligerent folk, depressively melancholic and obnoxious drunks that would be shitfaced 24-7 if their government didn't make them run a maze to find booze everytime. They're dudes that serious-brag about how many russians they've killed historically and anything they don't like they call gay or homo. As you can see finns have way more in common with russians than scandinavians, though Putin hasn't yet mastered the citizen-maze-booze system, but since enough swedes have lived there to give them a functioning social democracy Finland usually tags along by geographical & political association despite being the obviously creepy one.

• Locked thread