Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

remigious posted:

I used to have notions of moving to Finland, I think the language is very beautiful and I like their metal music.
But then I read that like most anywhere they hate Americans, so nevermind.

you should be fine unless you assume american sensibilities when talking about politics. hint: we love communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

lmao if you're finnish and don't embrace your mongolian ancestry

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Finland doesn't really have cold summers though. except this last one was kinda cold and lovely

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

isnt finland just like norway and sweden in that there is nothing to do but get drunk but also booze is like 10x as expensive as everywhere else

i mean it really does sound like hell

there are also imported tv shows to watch like the bing bang theory

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZgz32kkVg

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Tell everyone you meet that Finland is a hell on earth and you should not emigrate here, especially if you are poor and/or brown

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

I read somewhere that Finnish is a language that exists because of a language demon that lives somewhere beneath Finland. The demon has been slowly guiding the scandinavian tongue for millennia until their language became a bunch of magic spells that they speak out loud to increase the demons power

guess you should be grateful we speak so little then huh

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I wonder where all the shy Finns are because where I live people are pretty talkative and outgoing in general. Maybe it's the slavic influence from the east. Or maybe my mongoloid Finnish brain doesn't understand what being social is really like

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

aint nothing gay about cramming a bunch of naked dudes into a hot sweaty room

in fact if you think that's gay, you're probably gay yourself, hth

edit: *goes into a finnish sauna with other dudes and gets a boner* gently caress, i hate these gay saunas

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 3, 2015

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

this is really amazing because it really sounds like he's explaining things in finnish if you just have it playing on the background. it's only if i really concentrate that i realize that it's actually english

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Nauta posted:

smaller horses require less food, are more resilient, don't get tired as easily etc. as bigger (european) horses. one of the reasons mongols conquered the world is because their horses were tougher than pretty european/arab warhorses which required more maintenance

hahaha you swedes are so loving dumb

we conquered the world once and we will do it again

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ZombieJesus posted:

This picture makes me really sad. Stay safe poverty finns

the food linked looks kinda bad but immigrant-made makkaraperunat is legit some of the best food in this country

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ahh, sauna. sometimes i like to sit in the sauna alone with my eyes closed, fantasizing that ive already died and went to hell

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

the finnish highways

ah yes the old route 95

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Hevosineenkaankohan

roughly translates to

maybe even with their horses?

truly, a beautiful language

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

shreks machine posted:

finnish is the only one true autist language

wikipedia on j.r.r. tolkien posted:

He then discovered Finnish, which he described many years later as "like discovering a complete wine-cellar filled with bottles of an amazing wine of a kind and flavour never tasted before. It quite intoxicated me."[1] He had started his study of the Finnish language to be able to read the Kalevala epic.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

a rare photo of finns smiling: the thought of being so close to death by hypothermia has induced a new strange feeling

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Bitter Mushroom posted:

if i wanted to emigrate from the uk to finland, what would my experience be, and what jobs are in demand

jobs available: immigrant, social worker for immigrants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

soon it will be easter, the time of eating mämmi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6BJ3Dgkyvg

• Locked thread