Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

tentacle is a drink suitable only for old cunts like you're mothers

Reported for under-age drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Educate me on the FInnish government please

Welcome to the Finpol thread in D&D, where literal nazis and one senile FYGMist will explain it all to you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nauta posted:

better than any sound effect in swedish

Pum in Swedish is pumsis.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Free Market Mambo posted:

You must pay the troll tull to get into the badhål.

This has nothing to do with Mongols or ISIS but I just remembered my third-favourite epigram by Martial, which goes something like (my own translation):

quote:

her tits so big
she has to pay
double entrance at the baths
lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jm20 posted:

So far I've learned

- All Finnish people sound the same
- A couple times a year people jump off apartments
- There is a new church, and a girl climbed scaffolding and jumped
- tee shirts in negative 20c is fine (I personally call the line at about -5c)
- Nonstop drinking
- NO CAMERAS
- bad american cars

Please stop me if I've gone off topic here

There are no Finns in that video. Iisalmi is in Savonia, not Finland :finland:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Free Market Mambo posted:

My Finnish father-in-law was so drat proud of his PT Cruiser.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Minorkos posted:

soon it will be easter, the time of eating mämmi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6BJ3Dgkyvg

I'm sure his bitch-diabetes appreciates that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KR2ove20a0

von Braun posted:

what does memma taste like? is it chocolatey or poopy

There's no chocolate involved. It's just rye.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTMVfLZS-EQ

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Naxuz posted:

I've lived in downtown Helsinki for years and I never see these fashionistas in the wild, it's like HEL-looks has access to a second fairytale reality that is superimposed on the one known by us mere muggles. This saddens me greatly, I would love to get to laugh at these folks on a daily basis.

I think they (the Hel-Looks people) only went around during Flow.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I had a browse through my mother's family's family history from the early 1900s and recognized all the surnames from confirmation school. The good thing is I didn't recognize any of the spouses' surnames.

(The thing is, of course, that if you go back just a few hundred years, you'll find you're related to everyone else anyway.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The French Army! posted:

Just be glad you live in the bog my friend. As an American I would literally crawl to the hospital before getting into an ambulance if I wasn't dying.

If you're dying why bother going to a hospital?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hard counter posted:

I thought finns didn't consistently inherit their last names until more recently. They would change it to sound more swedish, russian or back to finnish when it suited them, or sometimes they picked something local sounding if they moved.

In Actual Finland, people didn't move around that much unlike the savage forest people. What were originally names of houses or estates became surnames. So one of the dudes I went to confirmation school with called Perseelä lived in a house called Perseelä, and his cousins lived somewhere else nearby. Also if you worked in a non-menial position on a royal estate (loads of them around) you were probably marked down on a ledger somewhere as having a surname.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is gambling allowed in the ISIS? I just won 146 at the bar and I'm well chuffed. Oh wait bars aren't allowed either.

I think ISIS might be good because gambling and drinking are actually very bad.

• Locked thread