Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was in Finland for 5 weeks, 2 for work, 3 for pleasure, and I loving loved the place.

Everything just works, public services are great, people are friendly-ish to dumb foreigners, and everyone generally keeps to themselves.

Property is cheap, you get loads of space, and traffic jams outside of Helsinki are almost non-existent. When we pull up to traffic lights and there is more than one car in front of us, my host would say "oh great, traffic jam".

Those refugees are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Train posted:

a frozen hellscape with tiny population has no traffic jams and cheap land surprise surprise

but the refugees are the idiots :jerkbag:

It is the total opposite of England, so yes, that sounds like paradise to me.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

etalian posted:

opposite day all the way down to attractive well educated women

This man gets it.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lorn Wayne posted:

finland is apparently the blondest country on the planet

* Rubs Hands Together *

Goon charms, engage!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Naxuz posted:

Denmark is a bit expensive but yeah, it's the best of the lot. Best weather, best beer, best girls, best weed, best parties.

...unless you look even vaguely middle-eastern in which case stay away, I mean Finns are racist but god drat even compared to us the Danes really, really hate their muslims

After having holidayed and worked in all 5 scandic nations, I have to say Denmark is the WORST. Most expensive, most overpriced, most western (I got ripped off twice even though I am pretty smart with money and exchange rates), and the least interesting to visit. Copenhagen has a lovely tiny statue of a mermaid and some painted terraced houses to see....oh and a marijuana village you can't take pics in. The food sucked too...but no, I didn't go to any Michelin starred restaurant there.

I didn't get to see the Fjords of Norway as I was stuck in Helsinki for work, but I would go with Sweden=Iceland (depending on how much you like the outdoors.....I saw my first "vertical" waterfall there for example) > Finland > Norway > Denmark.

I think Denmark would be the least shocking to an American....or perhaps Norway.

spud fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2015

• Locked thread