Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Finland loving rules. id live there in a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Demonachizer posted:

I think Finland would be an ok place to live provided you can be drunk all the time.

I have good news!

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

spud posted:

I was in Finland for 5 weeks, 2 for work, 3 for pleasure, and I loving loved the place.

Everything just works, public services are great, people are friendly-ish to dumb foreigners, and everyone generally keeps to themselves.

Property is cheap, you get loads of space, and traffic jams outside of Helsinki are almost non-existent. When we pull up to traffic lights and there is more than one car in front of us, my host would say "oh great, traffic jam".

Those refugees are idiots.

this guy gets it. :finland:

the women are loving smoking hot also

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Shadow posted:

lol

you have to wonder why some places on this earth were even inhabited.. they were miserable! what was Finland's pre-Vatican religion? Shared with the Norse Vikings, or something else entirely?

they were literally white walkers until the church rolled in with jesus and cleared all that poo poo out

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Idiootti posted:

i love my dead gay country. move to finland if you like following hobbies: suicide, depression, alcoholism, darkness.

this is unironically what im all about

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Free Market Mambo posted:

My first winter here I reffed a post-sauna nude fight between a Finn and a Swede in Lapland. Such is life.

who won?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

drat right

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

swedish sounds dumb as hell tho

Bork borkl bork

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

i cant name a single famous swedish person other than the swedish chef. meanwhile, finland has been churning out the greatest racecar drivers in the world for decades

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

that was like a thousand years ago

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

hard counter posted:

"Hmmm if I drive fast with reckless abandon either I win the petty race or I die mangled up in a terrible crash... heh checkmate, life" :smug:

- a typical finn

makes sense to me

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

hard counter posted:

if finnish hockey teams were actually swedish tho they might be able to punch above their bronze or nothing bracket

*drops gloves*

lets go motherfucker

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

vug posted:

at a previous job i nearly got to go on a trip to lund in sweden and i was looking forward to it but then i got downgraded to going alone to helsinki and i was like gently caress me i'd chew my leg off to avoid going to that wasteland

it got cancelled anyway. i still feel cheated that i never got to go to lund via copenhagen

Helsinki loving rules and if you cant have fun there you must be a faggy swede

remigious posted:

I used to have notions of moving to Finland, I think the language is very beautiful and I like their metal music.
But then I read that like most anywhere they hate Americans, so nevermind.

They most certainly do not hate americans as half the loving country came here after the winter war and ww2, my family included. They hate the crazy bullshit america they see from fox news and tmz.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

RaceBannon posted:

Does that negate my opinion?

depends, are you white?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Can u buy weed in Finland???

eh, its hit and miss. heroin and pills a plenty tho :chillpill:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

we have reached goon overload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

hold up.

is this really a term coined by sweden to call finns big meanies when it comes to business? holy lmbo

• Locked thread