Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

hard counter posted:

Jan Salmi waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were russians in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to King Sweden were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jan was a conscript for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the hornets and he said to dad "I want to be on the skies, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY RUSSIANS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the base of the FAF he knew there were russians.
"This is King Sweden," the radio crackered. "You must fight the russians!"
So Jan gotted his knock-off AK47 and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US," said the russians!
"I will shoot at him," said the spetsnaz and he fired the rocket missiles. Jan shot at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the russians," he shouted!
The radio said "No, Jan. You are the russians."
And then, Jan remembered he was just drunk again.

is this a meme or did you right it holy poo poo im dyin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

etalian posted:

it's a spin on a old doom fan fiction.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/08/sauna-championship-russian-dead

this is very relevant sort of

this is the next finnish article i saw lmao god damnit

quote:

Finland’s government has condemned hardline nationalists who threw stones and launched fireworks at a bus of asylum seekers arriving at a reception centre in the southern town of Lahti.

Between 30 and 40 demonstrators – one wearing a Ku Klux Klan-style white robe – waved the Finnish flag and shouted abuse at the bus.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

BexGu posted:

They have a straight up championship for it in America if you want to join in.

http://sundayriver.com/events-and-activities/events-calendar/north-american-wife-carrying-championship

The winning couple takes home the wife's weight in beer, five times her weight in cash, and an entry into the World Championship, which takes place in Finland the following summer. Each year, the field includes 50 couples with pre-qualification given to the winners of state or regional events.

imagine having to explain to your wife the real reason why you came in last place

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

he is not finnish, but danish

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Minorkos posted:

aint nothing gay about cramming a bunch of naked dudes into a hot sweaty room

in fact if you think that's gay, you're probably gay yourself, hth

edit: *goes into a finnish sauna with other dudes and gets a boner* gently caress, i hate these gay saunas

why do these gay finnish sauna guys keep sucking my dick??? HOMOS!!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

quote:

StoryTime posted:
This is true. "Happiness" is "Onnellisuus" in finnish, "Suicide" is "Itsemurha" (lit. Self-murder), however they are pronounced identically and are considered to be the same word.

this is actually a less isolated concept than people might assume, εὐθανασία or euthanasia means 'good death' in greek

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

rear end cobra posted:

Its called a BOG you retard swede

you mean a bög ahahahahaha

all jokes aside i dont think i even want to live in norway anymore even if i get a working visa it seems like they hate foreigners more than they admit and liquor costs too much, sweden has already been taken over, living in finland while forced to find humor in the painful absurd existence seems like the living equivalent to reading an albert camus novel

any fins want to get me a work visa for your canned soup company or whatever it is you people do? a sauna repairman?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

LordArgh posted:

only the non-western ones

i wish this was true but when i read the immigration laws of norway even those that apply to me as an american it's really loving dumb, you have to bring 12 grand cash, have a work or student visa first which everyone says no one will give me, and then if you have all that you get a janitor job and can't afford 50 dollar pizzas or 50 dollar bottom shelf liquor

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Randarkman posted:

Well, you know any sane country would prefer to take in immigrants that are actually kind of useful.

Also, norway has always had a pretty restrictive immigration policy, though we do our share of quota refugees and stuff as well (though I think both Sweden have Denmark have taken in many more in relation to population than we have).

fun thing about norway is that swedes are our largest population of immigrants, who come here to work because sweden actually is pretty lovely when it comes to employment. they mostly do lower tier service jobs like bartending, waiting, and reception work.

dont they work there but then only buy groceries and snus back in sweden because your taxes are poo poo? ive got a bad american associates and i thought that would at least get me a job as like an american flag underwear stripper or greeting people in english in hotels or something

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Randarkman posted:

some might if they live close to the border. but there are swedes all over the country really. though mostly in oslo. that's about a 3 hour car trip i think to get to svinesund. it'll end up costing you quite a bit in gas, though i think there are buses set up in østfold to get you cheaply to sweden. anyway there's nothing stopping norwegians living in the same place from doing the same thing, but most don't because of travel expenses and convenience at just going down to the local store.

swedes can easily come and go because they are in schengen. that's where your luck runs out.

e: it's either that or have education which can be useful for a job in the oil industry. I think still alot of the workers there are English and American as they were at the start when English and American oil companies were contracted to explore the north sea for oil. then alot of the workers were kept on when the state nationalized the oil reserves, so that their expertise could be utilized.

im a derelict with a humanities major but i still appreciate all those words so i can fantasize about another life where it's night all the time and everybody is drinkine kaffe and using general or ettan snus while talking about how they wish trotsky never got killed by that ice axe

the jokes on you - i might not be able to afford to do almost anything in america but they ran a promotion here where general snus was 1 dollar a can including taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

sounds like a cool finnish remake of bad santa, where the sauna is very rebellious and everyone who goes to it becomes less finnish, less suicidal, and more fun and cool

• Locked thread