Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Shadow posted:

The Finns fought Nazis on skis. That was pretty cool.

They fought for the Nazis first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How is Norway? They seem chill. Munch is cool.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Everything is made out of Legos

I've been to Legoland in Carlsbad. Is it like that but with more pickled fish?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What are the laws in Finland that make booze so hard to get? Is it like Washington with the whole state run liquor stores?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

:frog:Ausfahrt.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 27, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

Asian countries are number 1 at math, science and also suicide

Wow, nobody kills themselves in Mexico.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Basque are the only real Europeans. Everyone else is roman reject scum.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Leif Erikson was from Iceland. You guys really weren't joking about that Swedish inferiority complex, goddamn.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Accretionist posted:

Finland issues all new mothers a, "maternity box," containing snow suits, a sleeping bag, mittens, hat, condoms (never too early), a towel, various bits of clothing and some other odds and ends in addition to the box itself being usable as a kind of crib/baby storage.

FILEPHOTO:

This isn't helping my desire to emigrate.

I like the American way where they roll you to the front of the hospital and then dump you out with your baby onto the street before closing the door behind them.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

Another thing that owns about finland is they levy income based fines for things like speeding:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/finland-home-of-the-103000-speeding-ticket/387484/

One millionaire rear end in a top hat got fined 103k for speeding

That is loving awesome.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Randarkman posted:

Norway is cheaper than ever before though, our currency has plummeted in value the last year and a half or something. Like you'll get almost 50% more NOK for $ than you would before , a bit less for Euros and pounds.

So if I want to see the munch museum and poop off a fjord now is a good time to go?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Rech posted:

They're quite not dark enough to be proper niggers.

Interesting opinion...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
This thread is doing a very good job of repping Finland. I thought it was a nowhere European backwater but now i think it's full of chill rear end hombres that would help eat the rich if given the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Tuxedo Gin posted:

finland could have been a global economic power if nokia didn't singlehandedly destroy their future with the n-gage

It did have metal slug though so...

• Locked thread