Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BexGu posted:

They have a straight up championship for it in America if you want to join in.

http://sundayriver.com/events-and-activities/events-calendar/north-american-wife-carrying-championship

The winning couple takes home the wife's weight in beer, five times her weight in cash, and an entry into the World Championship, which takes place in Finland the following summer. Each year, the field includes 50 couples with pre-qualification given to the winners of state or regional events.

I hope this sport gets accepted into the summer olympics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7IM9f16QZ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao a whole country that has less people than NYC

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

well good thing finns stayed in their bogs and let the real Scandinavian people such as spreads spread their genetics all over europe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

gently caress I can't wait for winter. This is what a lot of Alberta looks like, and it's beautiful.

please don't compare them, at least the finnish wasteland has beautiful women.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another thing that owns about finland is they levy income based fines for things like speeding:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/finland-home-of-the-103000-speeding-ticket/387484/

One millionaire rear end in a top hat got fined 103k for speeding

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hobohemian posted:

That is loving awesome.

Tax records are also accessible by police, so they immediately can look up a rich person's yearly income and worked out the size of the speeding fine.

It's naturally caused lots of whining in right wing cowboy capitalism magazine the Wall Street Journal.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the whole language is basically a massive shibboleth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iretep posted:

its an almost 200 year old meme.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Real solution for Ukrainian problem is wait for winter, then send piles of Finns into the country:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how Norway locked their oil money away in a sovereign fund instead of letting it wreck havoc on the long term economy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Randarkman posted:

I love my dead gay currency.

Any country that didn't buy into the EU currency utopia idea is laughing really hard right now.

Weak krone is good since it makes Norwegian exports more attractive and also make tourism from stronger currency countries attractive as well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's also because the krone is basically any petro correlated currency similar to the canadian loonie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Randarkman posted:

b-b-but my online shopping and vacations!

yeah the flip side is it makes anything imported more expensive.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

thanks alot bashar al assad you loving dipshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmv2pskP_c

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

makes me think of russia where the guys have box shaped heads, lots of premature baldness and true love is vodka

The women are smoking hot to make up for it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Creature from the Black Lagoon is my favorite Finnish horror movie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ork of Fiction posted:

Iceland is so inbred that they're starving for foreign cock. Jump on it, kemosabe.

in Iceland they have phone app to make sure you don't accidentally bang your cousin.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

String Beans posted:

The Power of viking blood. :aaa:

Old mountain was better.
:goonsay:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

quakster posted:

tbh its probably for the best to always pretend 99% of your country are men and the women there are ugly retards, might keep puas & clitcutters away

I like the story of the PUA who had a meltdown in Denmark since all his cliche tricks didn't work on the women.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

The Finnsmouth Look

The Shadow of Äteritsiputeritsipuolilautatsijänkä

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

two finns on a date:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Puistokemisti posted:

Life in Finland.

This movie rocked

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

correct, but especially true in the case of finland, who is the bottom bitch of scandinavia

not sexy like swede, no oil money like Norway and no amazing farmland like Denmark.

such is life

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Beef Turret posted:

"Amazing farmland" lol. Denmark is the South not the heartland of scandinavia

they invaded and terrorized brits so they should be on the list.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The most finn World of Warcraft race is probably those murlocs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lots of good Finnish bashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajtW-DrV-ps

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Free Market Mambo posted:

Realtalk, give me Mexican from a wheeled vehicle over the rotating shame-meat they call kebab in the Nordic lands.

mexicans own
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuInCFd4MKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZfqtwoSNOM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scandinavia the flaccid depressed cock of europe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finns are depressed because they couldn't continue the world conquering ways of their mongol ancestors.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The strange thing is all those countries have the same bad winter weather but for some reason Finns get the most depression/introversion?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

if you took the 6 million Finns and put them in a place with good Mediterranean weather like California would the suicide rate drop?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Friendly Tumour posted:

Why is denmark counted as a scandinavian country when it's not a part of the scandinavian peninsula?

because it has nordic culture, language and genetics.

Also the Danes terrorized the hideous brits in the past.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

What is the best place in AMerica?

California of course, that's why it's in so many songs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Hitlers gob worshipping untermensch allies

germans are orcs, Finns are their loyal swamp goblin allies

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hard counter posted:

oh no, is there any other way to self-medicate? :smith:

will coca plants survive global warming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Laputanmachine posted:

Do you like suicidal depression and not seeing the sun for half a year and drinking bad beer that tastes like piss and bad vodka that tastes like disinfectant? Why aren't you already here?

the misery of eastern Europe, without the quality vodka to deaden it.

• Locked thread