Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Swedes think they are oh so progressive, but if they didn't have big buffer zone called Finland between them and Russia they would be making GBS threads their pants. Actually they are still sitting their pants every time Russia decides to do something Russian even though it's us the blonde mongols that have to deal with them directly. Why is everyone hating on mongols?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

spud posted:

I saw my first "vertical" waterfall there for example

What is horizontal waterfall? A river? Aren't all waterfalls vertical?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Finlander out if his element:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juoGdwLTTBM

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

that's the dash of swedish somebody earlier said Stubb having coming through.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Nothing to explain.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Advanced hair style and cloth cloning?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Nice job again Sipilä.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

You take this thread really seriously.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Horrorosaurus posted:

Look I got them all riled up!

drat you puppet master got us mongols all riled up and ready to pillage.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Zzulu posted:

finland is cold and full of ugly sad people

The way you are attacking finns is not how the well mannered and cultured swedish behave. You may actually be a finn. Maybe you just don't know it. I'm going to grant you the status of a honorary finn congrats.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

tuxedo gin make this thread sticky so the briefly amused swede never forgets.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hey our bog horses are hard workers and nice people. No wonder swede things they are good for nothing.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

hard counter posted:

lol you think i'm mad when i'm just paraphrasing the boghorse's own wiki

Go ride your fancy horse you sissy girl.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I like being in nature variety or not, easier to breathe. But that's just because I'm a BOGMAN.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Finally fair presentation.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

METATERREN posted:

Fins don't know about squirrels.

You could shock a fin to death or coma by showing them a squirrel.

True facts.

Squirrels are what I enjoy the most here besides bogs. They are all so scared and stare at you before running up a tree but sometimes you come across one that doesn't give a gently caress and that's a great day down here.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah, but when he steps out of the car.. oh boy different story.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah, but Juti has harder slapshot.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

norway excels at sports you tard and is a much stronger performer at the winter olympics than your bad country. they're not so good at hockey because the geography isn't conducive to the conditions that produce good hockey players. namely small shallow lakes that when froze make for the smooth ice thats ideal for skating. because it's mountainous rather than mostly flat, the glaciers gouged out ancient river-valleys and made fjords rather than the billion dwarf lakes that dot most of the major hockey playing countries. 5 of the big six have at least significant chunks of the country like this. canada, finland, coastal and southern sweden, midwestern United States (minnesota is aptly called land of 10k lakes for a good reason and wisconsin and michigan are very close) and russia all have a shitton of babby lakes. the odd men out are the czechs and ill be straight up and down with you i have no clue what the gently caress is going on with them. in any case, people get good at poo poo because of practice and it's hard to loving practice something if the conditions do not permit it. This is in no small part why african nations basically never have a strong showing at the winter games in any event. also they're lousy at swimming sports because it's loving suicidal to go swimming in african lakes and rivers and they're lacking in the physical and institutional infrastructure to produce capable competitive swimmers

your mom's reputation has reached far

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

My friend goes there every year. It's as retarded as it sounds.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

etalian posted:

Didn't Nokia get wiped out by Microsoft?

That's obviously some kind of dumb nostalgia for the great old days as can be seen from the model of the phone.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah. Not all though, some of them left.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Herman Merman posted:

born wearing a lion pendant :eyepop:

Don't we all?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Dyna Soar posted:

i see, they both have glasses which makes them nearly identical

They both have crazy eyes, Merchants eyes look crazy because of some condition probably. Stubb's eyes look crazy because he is crazy. Also the wide smiles. And Gervais looks like Merkel.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

"the country did not turn out to be quite what human traffickers promised"

He should leave this human trafficker real bad review. Really let him have it. He did make it through alive though so maybe two stars.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Finland is bad and all finns should feel bad

which they already do, and im glad of it

Reverse psychology?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Let's not pretend that Finland isn't completely dependent on Sweden for history, identity and cultural heritage. You know this in your hearts, if not intellectually. Take Sweden out of Finland, and you're left with what, exactly? What Finnish cities are there not built and/or founded by industrious, high minded Swedes? What monuments have you got that do not celebrate Swedish glory? What stories can you tell, that do not involve your Swedish betters? What art is there? Peel the Swede away, and you're left with, at best, a few soggy Karelian mud huts, a made up language and rampant Finnish heritage disease.

You will always have a special place in our hearts (first among the lower races to be uplifted and enlightened by us, as you were) and our love is, have been, and will remain unconditional. Is it really too much to ask, that you give credit where it is due? Can you not find this in your shrunken, black bog-hearts?

Yeah. But that's in the past and so are you, dream about your high minded past while while we try to get as far as we can from your falling empire.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Everything was bog. Everything will return to the bog. Silly your dreams of sunshine and the higher mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

SUOmi

• Locked thread