Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i don't know if it still holds up today in terms of gamepaly. anybody play it recently?

Structurally i remember it being short episodes where they keep changing what character you use but the first 10 minutes of each character was the same sequence of discovering magic spells or whatever and i wished they had made the best characters' parts longer instead of chopping up the game so much.

was fun to beat in 2000 though.

the game actually had to be chopped up to poo poo because a big chunk of it was gonna take place in the middle east and 9/11 happened mid-development lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

the game actually had to be chopped up to poo poo because a big chunk of it was gonna take place in the middle east and 9/11 happened mid-development lol
Eternal Darkness, MGS2, GTAIII... We lost so much on that fateful day.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
When I was in fifth grade, going to the living room after school and finding the shattered pieces of my GameCube memory card lying all over the ground from someone accidentally stepping on it.

E: wait, IN a game... Max Payne's dead family, or Jenny's execution in The Darkness.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the redead in windwaker really hosed me up as a kid

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

You die...
Kikubaaqudgha rasps: "You have failed me! Welcome... oblivion!"

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

smt4's compendium not having a percentage. as someone with ocd, this was very upsetting

Cubivore_ fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 26, 2015

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
When Noble 6 dies in Halo Reach and like, 4 elite commanders gang up on him.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
All if the Noble Team deaths were pretty sad.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Paz getting operated on in phantom pain when Medic Kiefer says "check her again" and turns his hand over to check the other bomb

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably when you get to Pripyat and Strelok is there and he looks beat down and tired as hell and just wants to leave.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also felt a deep void form in my soul in episode 45 or whatever one in MGS5, recently, kind of similar to when Adriana dies in the Sopranos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also despite playing it probably 5 years after release managed to avoid the Aeris Dies spoilers when I played FF7 on PC and I was just staring at the Please Insert Disk 2 or whatever screen for a few minutes when that happened. I don't know if this is upsetting though, I'm usually more just stunned or something. I did find the strelok thing to be fairly upsetting though I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seeing Jenova in the tank thing was pretty nasty when I was 12 or w/e. Hell, hearing Bowser shout racial epithets with gusto in Mario Kart 8 was some poo poo...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Probably when you get to Pripyat and Strelok is there and he looks beat down and tired as hell and just wants to leave.

Oof

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I felt a twinge of pain when I saw Bond with DD has decreased appear on the screen after accidentally shooting him. Also the part of that mission where you go in the quarantine area in MGS5 and your homies stand up and salute you before they die or whatever happened was awesome, but sad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I felt a twinge of pain when I saw Bond with DD has decreased appear on the screen after accidentally shooting him. Also the part of that mission where you go in the quarantine area in MGS5 and your homies stand up and salute you before they die or whatever happened was awesome, but sad.

The latter is soooo brutal.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

when the sprite dies at the end of secret of mana

kid me cried like a bitch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Neitherman posted:

when the sprite dies at the end of secret of mana

kid me cried like a bitch

What's kid you up to now? Do you keep in touch, or is he locked up in your house somewhere, sedated, where you gently caress him?

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

locked in a closet being fed a diet of beans and farting the super mario theme song

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*Knuc U Kinte is seen creeping out of the sex dungeon where Kid Neitherman is being hidden*

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sif...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Especially after you do the dlc stuff or w/e so the cutscene before you fight him is different... Total feelsbomb

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

andross turning into a brain at the end of star fox 64 kind of hosed with me because i was 7

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Nostradingus posted:

andross turning into a brain at the end of star fox 64 kind of hosed with me because i was 7

drat, you never beat star fox 64 until this year?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rediscover posted:

Especially after you do the dlc stuff or w/e so the cutscene before you fight him is different... Total feelsbomb

I'm getting sick thinking about it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

Wait what what's different about it how did I never see this

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Benny D posted:

Wait what what's different about it how did I never see this

He sniffs u and recognizes you and hesitates for a moment... but his honor requires him to fight

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i think you have to have summoned him in the Abyss fight for the cutscene to actually change. or you at least have to have freed him in the Abyss. if you missed that stuff i dunno if it does anything.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

I felt a twinge of pain when I saw Bond with DD has decreased appear on the screen after accidentally shooting him

this, but I kicked him and knocked him out, because I was trying to beat down a donkey. I felt extremely bad and sad for my pal DD and our bond

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

rediscover posted:

He sniffs u and recognizes you and hesitates for a moment... but his honor requires him to fight

its' powerful.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this, but I kicked him and knocked him out, because I was trying to beat down a donkey. I felt extremely bad and sad for my pal DD and our bond

You ought to feel bad for the donkey as well. Bring a tranq gun for God's sake.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
well, the donkey kicked me back, so I think we're even

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I jumped into a jeep and peeled out and immediately ran over D-Dog by accident and felt like an enormous piece of poo poo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
most of lisa: the joyful was upsetting

i dont want to play ground zeroes because of the paz operation thing and i dont know how much more hosed up stuff they crammed in

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i dont want to play ground zeroes because of the paz operation thing and i dont know how much more hosed up stuff they crammed in

It ain't really that gruesome dude. I'm the last person in the world who wants to see people's poo poo get split open and whatever and I feel faint at the sight of blood but really... It's watchable.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

tahts the only hosed up thing in the whole thing.. cept for mother base getting blown up. play it you MFing pansy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's not that it's gruesome it just seems to be shock for the point of shock and it ends up being completely meaningless

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

SMDH

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Doctor Goat posted:

it's not that it's gruesome it just seems to be shock for the point of shock and it ends up being completely meaningless

it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
doctor goat? more like doctor bitch retard

• Locked thread