Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i never learned to gust of wind dance on him and felt incomplete

next time i played it i made sure to do that early

what was also hosed up is that Albert's timings were different from Lavitz's, so I kept getting thrown off and used someone else instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

bad rats changed the way I think about how games can effect our emotions forever.

you are such a retard

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The bleak as hell ending of FFT. Doing an ethnic cleansing massacre on Let us Cling Together.

oh i forgot FFT. I change the MGS3 part of my post to that

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
The part where you rescue the angel from the undead machine thingy.

I mean, the premise isn't too harsh. She's just having her blood forcibly extracted. Really nothing much. But the voice acting! And when you get some quest item or something and return: "I knew you'd come back!" The desperation is palpable.

Really stuck with me.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

rediscover posted:

you are such a retard

what, you didn't get it?

such a shame, probably the best narrative writing in a video game with no dialog in it I've ever seen

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
final fantasy tactics' story was really good for the time + the translation

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Some of the Colossi fights in Shadow of the Colossus upset me... a couple of them you can tell are just terrified of you and aren't fighting you so much as just desperately trying to get away from you after you tracked them down and brutally attacked them in their lair.

Also when I was in middle school I started playing a bunch of games like Halo and Republic Commando and all these other games where you exclusively fight aliens and robots and orcs and whatever and got used to them so I actually got upset when I started playing Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike again and it just felt wrong to be killing human beings.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

final fantasy tactics' story was really good for the time + the translation

I got a good feeling

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
l i t t l e m o n e y

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Real hurthling! posted:

michaels family scenes were worse torture than the torture scene.

They were really trying to do a lift on Tony Soprano's family except they decided that the wife and daughter were too easy to empathize with and lowered their IQs 50 points each

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I remember feeling sick at the beginning of max payne when i was a kid, and the snes clue game used to scare the poo poo out of me and my friends when i was in 1st grade. We used to put it on just to get creeped out lmao i guess it was the sound effects?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess it counts that as a kid the fact that enemies in Hexen respawned made me so terrified that I just hid behind the stained glass windows and punched them as they came to find me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The bull dyke Nazi commander that trifles with arcane forces and becomes a giant ogre in Return to Castle Wolfenstein scared and disturbed me very much.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

I guess it counts that as a kid the fact that enemies in Hexen respawned made me so terrified that I just hid behind the stained glass windows and punched them as they came to find me.

one of my cousins was afraid of the cleric's ghost staff so id sit outside of actual killing range of it in DM and spam it at him to freak him out

hexen was a cool game, the warrior punch is one of the best melee starter weapons i can think of.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i was far more upset about jessie dying than aeris. aeris is gay.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

when i was really little i was watching my uncle play Myst. in one of the brothers rooms was a chest and when he slid it open a crack you saw bloody teeth or bones or something from the corner and it scared me real bad

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
all endings of mask of the betrayer

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

when i was really little i was watching my uncle play Myst. in one of the brothers rooms was a chest and when he slid it open a crack you saw bloody teeth or bones or something from the corner and it scared me real bad

i watched my cousin play D on psx and there was a part where you open a door and theres a corpse stuck to it with nails or something and it freaked me out

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SM64Guy posted:

i watched my cousin play D on psx and there was a part where you open a door and theres a corpse stuck to it with nails or something and it freaked me out

the guy who made D did crazy stuff to get it published

quote:

because the storyline and graphic FMVs were more horrifying than any video game that had yet been released, head developer Kenji Eno resorted to a trick in order to get D published. The game was originally developed with no storyline, and Eno kept the story sequences a secret even from the other members of WARP. When the game was finished, he submitted a "clean" version (i.e. without the violent and disturbing story content of the complete version) for approval. He deliberately submitted the master late, knowing that part of the penalty was that he would have to deliver it by hand to the manufacturers in the USA. While on the plane ride to the USA, he switched the phony "clean" discs with the finalized discs, thus completely bypassing all censorship

i'm changing my most upsetting thing to the end of mgs3 when you have to pull the trigger

the exact moment where you realize that part isnt a cutscene and you have to pull the trigger yourself

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

the guy who made D did crazy stuff to get it published

i'm changing my most upsetting thing to the end of mgs3 when you have to pull the trigger

the exact moment where you realize that part isnt a cutscene and you have to pull the trigger yourself

lol that rules

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
after you recover the ocarina of time, but before you warp forward 7 years, there's the guard that dies in the back alley when you talk tohim and it made me real sad when i was a boy

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

launching Witcher 3 to see x16 anti aliasing when the trailer had by my count at least x64 or possibly a billion. It's loving lying to the consumer and I don't see how I'll enjoy this piece of poo poo when it keeps setting off my triggers and didn't even come with a trigger warning and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

launching Witcher 3 to see x16 anti aliasing when the trailer had by my count at least x64 or possibly a billion. It's loving lying to the consumer and I don't see how I'll enjoy this piece of poo poo when it keeps setting off my triggers and didn't even come with a trigger warning and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

go back to GBS

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Strategic Tea posted:

:stare:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

I can't wait to read the webcomic linked in this guy's avatar!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Strategic Tea posted:

ur weird

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I think this post is good. It kicks rear end.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

no they will not posted:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I think this post is good. It kicks rear end.

i think it would be better suited to games where there are actually people to troll with it

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't wait to read the webcomic linked in this guy's avatar!

it's probably a real crock of poo poo smitty

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

no they will not posted:

i suggest people click on this user's profile and notice the post count before they take the post above seriously.

edit: sorry not trying to backseat mod.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
First 10 mins of last of usa

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
In ocarina of time when you go to the future the first time and the whole town was replaced with redeads really hosed with my child brain

surc
Aug 17, 2004

A few years ago in a game of CS a dude who was in a clan with who seemed decent until one game he started spewing racist poo poo and when people called him on being a devout christian he started this religious rant about how wrong people were and it ended in him screaming about how just because Jesus said something it doesn't mean he follows it and threatening to shoot both the people who were giving him poo poo and also just people in general with more rage than I have ever heard even in video games. It was extremely terrifying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If someone in a game threatened to shoot me I'd probably chuckle.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if someone threatens to kill me i welcome it. death is good to me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

if someone threatens to kill me i welcome it. death is good to me

I'm going to kill you!! Hehe.. No im not.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

net cafe scandal posted:

hosed up if true.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

you wouldnt have the guts

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I haven't played it since it came out but the red zombies or whatever in REmake that run at you would make my whole body tense up.

Also the wrecked ship in super metroid... The ghosts of the passengers appearing the way they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
that part where the bad thing happens to that woman in that video game

• Locked thread