Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably when you get to Pripyat and Strelok is there and he looks beat down and tired as hell and just wants to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also felt a deep void form in my soul in episode 45 or whatever one in MGS5, recently, kind of similar to when Adriana dies in the Sopranos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also despite playing it probably 5 years after release managed to avoid the Aeris Dies spoilers when I played FF7 on PC and I was just staring at the Please Insert Disk 2 or whatever screen for a few minutes when that happened. I don't know if this is upsetting though, I'm usually more just stunned or something. I did find the strelok thing to be fairly upsetting though I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seeing Jenova in the tank thing was pretty nasty when I was 12 or w/e. Hell, hearing Bowser shout racial epithets with gusto in Mario Kart 8 was some poo poo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I felt a twinge of pain when I saw Bond with DD has decreased appear on the screen after accidentally shooting him. Also the part of that mission where you go in the quarantine area in MGS5 and your homies stand up and salute you before they die or whatever happened was awesome, but sad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*Knuc U Kinte is seen creeping out of the sex dungeon where Kid Neitherman is being hidden*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this, but I kicked him and knocked him out, because I was trying to beat down a donkey. I felt extremely bad and sad for my pal DD and our bond

You ought to feel bad for the donkey as well. Bring a tranq gun for God's sake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

most of lisa: the joyful was upsetting

i dont want to play ground zeroes because of the paz operation thing and i dont know how much more hosed up stuff they crammed in

It ain't really that gruesome dude. I'm the last person in the world who wants to see people's poo poo get split open and whatever and I feel faint at the sight of blood but really... It's watchable.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

it's not that it's gruesome it just seems to be shock for the point of shock and it ends up being completely meaningless

Yeah and Robert Deniro blasting a dude's head open in Taxi Driver is just shot for the point of shock, and it's just completely meaningless. Jack being frozen to death in the wreckage of the Titanic... That's just shock for the point of shock. The worm thing puking and filling the room with puke in Eraserhead. Yeah. Sure thing. Put some hairs on that sack you fruit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not to mention just the spectacle of seeing probably the best consumer-grade CG rendering of a surgery in history.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm still baffled by refusing to play some obviously awesome game because one of the cutscenes you can just skip has a scene that's just a tiny bit too edgy lmfao. Burn in hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

isnt the point of the operation to get a bomb out

and then there's just another bomb so it's like you didnt get the first bomb out

i'm going off what people keep telling me unspoilered

Wow, it's almost like the scene is supposed to be about how they go through all this trouble and put you, the viewer, through a tense and unnerving moment with them, only to find out they weren't thorough enough. It's called storytelling you clown... God drat... I'm working with a bunch of amateurs around here... gently caress sakes...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

a few people swore off mgs after reading about it or whatever

I can't believe this is real.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I get if your extremely squeamish or have PTSD from surgery or w/e but come on... Swearing off MGS because you heard of that... That's not real.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brilliant Forum Man Discovers That Naked Horny Children Is Quote, "P. Creepy."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess it counts that as a kid the fact that enemies in Hexen respawned made me so terrified that I just hid behind the stained glass windows and punched them as they came to find me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If someone in a game threatened to shoot me I'd probably chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Riviera - The Promised Land is like a weird graphical text adventure / dating sim. In normal fashion, you can be nice / mean to the various girls, and one will end up as your love interest in the end.

The biggest way a girl receives love interest points, though, is how many fights you've won with her. So chances are the love interest character is a combination of whatever weird anime criteria you like, and the girl with the best combat skills and equipment.

Right before the final boss she gets killed. It sucks if you like the character. It doubly sucks if she's the most useful member of your battle group.

• Locked thread