Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Prize is a prize, even if it's a piece of poo poo. Just riff on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
Some people pride themselves on owning terrible steam games.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Previous commentators Hornet and Maniak have me as third commentator on their Resident Evil HD New Game Plus LP. I try my best to not make it a hot mess like Daikatana.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760871

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I have never been so honored in my entire life, thank you.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just so you guys know. I didn't draw the picture, just stole it. But the post itself, with all the TvTropes links? Yeah, that was all me. Do I still 'win'?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 30, 2016

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Just so you guys know. I didn't draw the picture, just stole it. But the post itself, with all the TvTropes links? Yeah, that was all me. Do I still 'win'?

Yeah, sure.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Oh thank god! I've never been so happy to lose a contest before in my life. I don't get to play dieuhkatono! Congratulations to all the "winners" :laugh:

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Well, thanks for the votes for the N key, guys! I agree that Grievous-chan is pretty great though. I'll happily accept CQC's extra copy and have a terrible multiplayer experience with you if the offer is there, but if not, that's also all right as I will content myself with quality badgames like Earth Defense Force 4.1.

In the meantime, I do kind of like the Alcatraz concept (though Shadow Hearts has the best Alcatraz) but my God that Glock makes a terrible ringing noise every time it fires. Also the model clearly looks like it is pointed way off to the side. It's all I could have hoped for, really.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

ModeWondershot posted:

In the meantime, I do kind of like the Alcatraz concept (though Shadow Hearts has the best Alcatraz) but my God that Glock makes a terrible ringing noise every time it fires. Also the model clearly looks like it is pointed way off to the side. It's all I could have hoped for, really.

Actually, every weapon in the game does that sound when your Power is high. It's like the Six Million Dollar Man sound that comes from high Acro.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Superanos posted:

Actually, every weapon in the game does that sound when your Power is high. It's like the Six Million Dollar Man sound that comes from high Acro.

Yeah, we talk more about this in the next video. One thing about the Glock that we neglected to mention is that if you look closely, the ejected casings originate at the crosshair.

NextSundayA.D.
May 13, 2009
Thanks. I'm glad you liked my picture.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
dota 2 is NOT a good game doctorstrangelove is CORRECT on that one

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

CraigK posted:

dota 2 is NOT a good game doctorstrangelove is CORRECT on that one

:puckout:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Congratulations!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
The N button is the best :v:

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Holy poo poo. So the AK issue? It looks like the gun's recoil animation causes the iron sights to become misaligned with where the bullets are going. When shooting at a distance your sights are lined up with the guy's body but the bullets are spraying at his loving feet.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
The best for me would have to be the moment I realized that the subtitles at the bottom of the screen were supposed to be things the player character was saying, and the fact that the AK has no moving parts on the model.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Also when the mission is loading DO NOT JUMP.. If you do, you will go off course, and you will start underneath the map.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

CraigK posted:

Also when the mission is loading DO NOT JUMP.. If you do, you will go off course, and you will start underneath the map.

And to think I own games that are significantly loving worse than this garbage.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer

DA PANET EARF posted:

And to think I own games that are significantly loving worse than this garbage.

I am unironically looking forward to the Stalin Subway LP.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
OH poo poo GUYS HIRO IS COMING QUICK SOMEBODY DRAW INTRICATE GRAFFITI

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
STEAM SALE

IF YOU WANT A PIECE OF THIS TOUR DE FORCE OF TURN OF THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY GAMING, IT'S ONLY $1.74

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

There are many other great finds, as can be seen here by my buddy FCHellbender.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Handuar posted:

There are many other great finds, as can be seen here by my buddy FCHellbender.

Be careful, SEA PATROL might have your rear end.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
BEEF STEAK

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Strangelove how many prisoners do you think you've killed? What do you think their crimes are? What do you think this says about criminal justice and the death penalty?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hey Strangelove how many prisoners do you think you've killed? What do you think their crimes are? What do you think this says about criminal justice and the death penalty?

Design is Law.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

And John Romero is here to uphold it

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I am born again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 11, 2016

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
So I found my copy of Gods & Generals... despite the disc being a mess, it actually installed. It's even worse then I remembered. Even 10 years later, I basically instantly die at the start of the second map.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

syzpid posted:

So I found my copy of Gods & Generals... despite the disc being a mess, it actually installed. It's even worse then I remembered. Even 10 years later, I basically instantly die at the start of the second map.

You sure you're in the right thread pal?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You sure you're in the right thread pal?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Tower of crime sounds like the name of a 90s cartoon supervillain base.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
All right, Strangelove, got my copy of the game, when does my the humiliation start? :v:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

We won't even think about E4DM until after we've recorded commentary for E4M4, which is something I would like to do in the next day or so. E4M5 is really short and stupid so I think I want to do a dumb gimmick for that video and E4M6 I want to be the last video we record and post. So basically any time between the 19th and the 4th is probably when it will happen. Also probably on a Friday or Saturday and definitely past 9pm EST. And even that's all contingent on CQC having his poo poo together, which he never does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
COMMISSAR MEGA IS ABOUT TO MAKE YALL HIS BITCH

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 14, 2016

• Locked thread